17 Things You'll Understand If You're Included In A Group Chat

Sometimes being in a group text with a few of your closest friends is hilarious and very efficient. Other times, you want to throw your phone out the window.

76

I think we can all agree that group texts are simultaneously the best and worst things to happen to cell phones since text messages started. Sometimes being in a group text with a few of your closest friends is hilarious and very efficient. Other times, you want to throw your phone out the window with every chiming text alert. Here are 17 things you'll understand if you've ever had the joy of being included in a group chat.

1. The loneliness of something you said being "seen by everyone," but receiving zero replies.

You say something witty and check back five minutes later to see that everyone has seen it, but no one replied. It's really a blow to the ego.

2. And the humiliation of no one acknowledging your contribution to the conversation.

It's okay you guys, I'll just talk to myself. It's not like I deserve acknowledgment.

3. The anticipation when you say something on point.

Yes, I'm hilarious, I know. Give me all the compliments.

4. The elation when you do actually get responses.

You craft out a response that's equally both witty and sassy. Hit send and get ready for the parade of praise coming your way girl.

5. And the exhaustion when they just don't stop.

Honestly, it's 1 am. I've got a class in the morning then all of a sudden my phone is buzzes so vicariously that it wakes me up. Why are you people even awake? Stop it. Go to bed.

6. When someone finally suggests to go get food.

This is what I'm here for, honestly. I can get behind food 100% of the time.

7. When someone's texting outside of the group.

What do they have to say that they can't say in the group text? Oh god, they probably hooked up with that guy you told them not to hook up with. Something awful has happened for sure.

8. The frustration you experience when you've got shit to do but apparently, no one else does.

You're in class, a meeting, or out to dinner with your boyfriend's family, then suddenly your friends have to talk about all of the things.

9. When you become a literal detective.

Your ex posted a new picture with this girl and he didn't tag her? Give us 5 minutes and we'll have her Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and social security number.

10. The tension when shit is getting real and you just sit back and watch it all go down.

Someone ate someone else's leftovers in the fridge and World War III starts happening right in front of your face. Sit back, make some popcorn, and watch the battle begin.

11. When you're the victim of a group-wide roast.

Your friends find out that you pronounce "cuisine" wrong and they're already making plans to roast you during their speeches at your wedding.

12. That one friend that occasionally pops in to post a random meme they saw on Instagram.

The best (and without a doubt, my favorite) part of group messages are all the memes that get tossed around. If you don't tag your besties in memes, are you even friends?

13. When you're trying to be super witty and hilarious but everyone is responding too fast for you to keep up.

How in the hell did this group chat become longer than War and Peace?

14. When you're trying to be serious and the squad's like....

You need help with this math problem or you're trying to figure out which outfit looks better on you for your date tonight, however, your friends decide your happiness doesn't matter.

15. When someone starts getting emotional.

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE, TERRANCE!

16. When you're scrolling up to read everything you've missed and a new text comes in so your phone automatically brings you back to the bottom.

You finally have a moment to yourself to read everything that you missed when all of a sudden, the dreaded notification comes and you're sent spiraling to the bottom of your group message pit of despair, thus losing all of your progress.

17. When you FINALLY nail down the plans and know you're about to have a great night.

Ok, so are we meeting at 7 or 8:45? Wait, so now we're meeting at Brian's apartment at 8:15?