17 Things Every College Girl Should Keep In Her Car ASAP

What you see as messy, I see as "well-prepared."

553
Pexels.com

s a commuting college student, I pretty much live out of my car. I pride myself in being prepared for everything from a messy appearance to the apocalypse. This is pretty much everything I have handy, and I’d recommend you do the same. Yeah, my car is super messy, but don't call me out on it unless you want to be permanently banned from my stash of non-perishable snacks.

1. A Nail File

Because a half-broken nail is literally so disastrous especially when it's in full view on your steering wheel, and now you can't stop looking at it, which is distracting you from the road. And by not keeping one you’re like practically setting yourself up for a lawsuit after you’ve clawed the sh*t out of somebody by accident. It’s honestly irresponsible to not carry one. Come on ladies.

2. Tampons/Pads

For obvious reasons.

3. Hair Products

Hairspray, a brush, bobby pins, scrunchies, gel, dry shampoo, a battery operated hair dryer. The whole package. Never know when you might need it. Might as well include a razor just in case you need to shave your head due to an existential crisis.

4. Brow Pencil

You can probably get away with still looking okay as your makeup wears off throughout the day. Patchy foundation: forgivable. Shedding mascara: not a huge deal. Lipstick fading: literally happens every hour. But I would not be caught DEAD with like half of my eyebrow missing or something. I have naturally light brows. Hell no.

5. Nail Polish

Everybody paints their nails while driving right? What? Just me? Am I kidding? Am I danger to society? The world may never know.

6. A Decent Mirror

The mirrors in your car are basically useless for making yourself look presentable.

7. A Good Book

For reading or leaving out to make passengers think you read.

8. Scissors

Perfect for cutting the tags off that new purse that you really want to use right now, which requires you to empty all the contents of your current purse into your car. And then you’ll see all the gum wrappers and receipts you’ve been piling up in there, and instead of throwing them away you just leave them in your cup holder and go about your life with your new-fangled purse.

9. A Hat

Because some days are just really bad hair days but you don’t realize it until you see yourself in the natural light of day.

10. A Change of Clothes

Because you could potentially have something like paint or spaghetti sauce spilled all over you at any moment like the slime at the Kid’s Choice Awards…or it could rain. That too.

11. Multiple Pairs of Shoes

Heels. Boots. Sneakers. The Essentials. You never know when someone might approach you and ask you out. Or you might need to go hiking through the mud. Or go running after a robber like the crime fighter you are. Of course, going back to your car to get your sneakers before chasing a robber is probably not ideal. Actually, you probably shouldn’t chase after a robber. Unless he stole something important…like a child or something.

12. Cash

This probably should’ve been at the top of the list. Toll roads pop up in the dumbest places. And hot male strippers. You never know when you might need a big stack of ones.

13. A Phone Charger

If you’re phone dies, you pretty much die with it.

14. A Blanket

For warmth, security, not freezing to death in case of emergency, and people who just like snuggling with themselves.

15. A Fancy Dress

Totally separate from the change of clothes. The love of your life could tap on your car window to sweep you off your feet at any moment and it’d be a TRAGEDY if you didn’t look like a princess when it happens.

16. Food/Drink

I keep a twelve-pack of ramen in my car just in case. Not really ideal if I don’t have access to a microwave. But in the event of a real emergency, I could just eat it raw and snort the flavor packet, right? Ew. No. I take that back.

17. Brass Knuckles

Just in case that person that just tried to sweep you off your feet wasn’t actually the love of your life and is actually just trying to kidnap you. Not even sure if those are legal, but you look badass as hell wearing them.