17 Terms Only Miamians Understand

17 Terms Only Miamians Understand

Porque, we literally have our own language.

1585
17 Terms Only Miamians Understand
South Florida Real Estate

1) Dale

You want to go to Miami Beach this weekend? Dale. You want to ask that guy out that you’ve been eyeing in algebra? Dale. You want to eat so many croquetas you look pregnant? Dale.

2) Chisme

Always given to you by one of your tias, immediately passed along to your cousins, you know you’re in for a good roast session of whoever it’s about, usually shared over a cafecito (see next definition).

SEE ALSO: The 8 Most Instagram-Worthy Places To Visit In Miami

3) Cafecito

Who needs 5-hour energy when Cuban coffee is a thing? One of these babies will have you feeling invincible all day – till you crash, that is.

4) Pastelitos

God’s gift to man. That is all.

5) Chonga

By definition, they make the Papis go crazy, they use Sharpie as lip-liner, no one can glue their hair quite like them and all their jewelry can be found at the flea market for $2.99.

6) Pitbull

Ah, yes. Good old Armando Christian Perez, the pride and joy of Miami. You know you jam to Mr. 305, don’t lie to yourself.

7) Bird Road

Avoid at all costs between the hours of 7:00am and 7:00pm.

8) Tropical Park

Sunday birthday party central, home to Santa's Enchanted Forest and the highest point of elevation in Miami, yeah you know the hill I'm talking about.

9) Santa’s Enchanted Forest

Games, food, rides, festivities! If you can’t afford to go to Mickey’s Christmas Party in Disney, hop on over to Santa’s! More like Santa’s Infected Forest, am I right people?

10) Reffy

Essentially, this is just the Miami version of the colloquial term “ratchet.” Often prefaced by the word “super” – it’s a thing.

11) Sin pena

“No, like she literally just ate the last croqueta, like sin pena bro.”

12) Come mierda

Literal translation: sh*t eater, can be equated to nincompoop, fool, etc. We all know one, hate one and have been called one by our abuela at some point.

13) “Tremendo” anything

Often used for exaggeration of something that wasn’t actually that big of a deal. “Dude, getting here was tremendo mission I was in traffic on Miller for like, 10 minutes.”

14) No, yeah

Yes.

15) Yeah, no

No.

16) La Carreta

You know it’s going to be LIT when your mom tells you you’re going to La Carreta. Bomb croquetas, perfectly buttery tostadas, and a Cuban sandwich that could probably cure cancer.

17) The Palmetto

JUST FINISH IT ALREADY, DAMN IT.