If you have curly hair, you know it’s a blessing and a curse at the same time. Sometimes our twisty tresses flow beautifully…and on other days our heads look like a massive ball of frizz is glued to our scalp. There is no happy medium.
If you have been blessed with curly hair, then you know all these struggles too well:
1. When people ask if your hair is naturally that curly, you scream inside.
2. People with straight hair ask what type of curling iron you use to make your curls look so "natural" (we use something called genes and it's not sold in stores).
3. Everyone is fascinated by the amount of time it takes to straighten your hair.
4. Bobby pins get lost in your hair.
5. People ask where you got your perm all the time.
6. You are constantly buying hair ties because they snap way too often.
7. You don’t brush your hair. You just can’t
8. You have to check the weather before you decide to straighten it.
9. You can’t run your fingers through your hair (sorry boys).
10. Conditioner is a weekly purchase because of the absurd amount you need.
11. Hair in the shower drain.
12. You have to accept the fact that you will never be able to try trendy hair cuts like bangs and inverted bobs.
13. Wearing a pony tail is a gamble because sometimes a halo of frizz appears.
14. You never know if you should let your hair air-dry or diffuse it.15. Boys love your hair. It makes them think you are mysterious or cool or something.
16. You’ve tried every hair product under the sun
17. Hat head is real. Once you commit to wearing a hat, there's no taking it off.