17 Songs For 2017

17 Songs For 2017

Time to amp up that music library!

28
17 Songs For 2017
Google

With a new year comes new resolutions, and ultimately a new you. Well, with a new you should come a new playlist because everyone needs a “New Year, New Me” soundtrack, whether it’s for your new workout regimen or just for those windows-down-music-up car rides with your friends. Stuck on what music to add? No worries. I’ve got you covered.

1. "Youngblood" -Green Day

Best Line: "I want to hold you like a gun/we'll shoot the moon into the sun."

The 8th track from their recently-released “Revolution Radio,” “Youngblood” describes a girl who is sassy, strong and an all-around badass. Basically, all the things we want to be. This fun punk-rock anthem is perfect for your “New Year, New Me” playlist.

2. "Dark Necessities” –Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best Line: “Tell the world that I’m falling from the sky/dark necessities are part of my design.”

This track is funky and mysterious, and who wouldn’t love that bass line?

3. "Put Your Money on Me” –The Struts

Best Line: “You think I’ve kinda messed around/but I’ll never let you down.”

The Struts sing this song to a girl, letting her know that while he may talk to other girls, she’s the only one he wants. It’s perfect for any Queen or Rolling Stones fan, as Luke Spiller’s voice is reminiscent of Freddie Mercury, while the accompanying instruments remind the listener of the Stones.

4. "You Give Love a Bad Name" -Bon Jovi

Best Line: “An angel’s smile is what you sell/you promise me heaven, then put me through hell.”

A classic at its best, this song is perfect to blast while getting over the ex you left behind in the old year. Or just to jam to because it’s awesome. Your choice.

5. "I Wanna Be the One" -Fun

Best Line: "And I know that it's been sang before but you're my human holiday."

Maybe you aren’t horribly familiar with Fun’s debut album, but trust me, you should be. Theatrical and fun, to some it’s reminiscent of Panic! at the Disco’s first album. Whatever it reminds you of, it’s definitely different in a “Fun” way (pun intended).

6. "San Diego" -Blink-182

Best Line: "Abandoned love songs smashed across the hardwood floors/I read the sadness on your face."

This “California” track from Blink’s recent release tells about the desire to never return to San Diego due to painful memories with a girl. The upbeat instrumentals will remind you of summer even on the coldest days.

7. "As Good As It Gets" -Infinity Now

Best Line: "I'm into you, for every secret that you keep/for every night that your guitar sings me to sleep."

Alright, you got me. This is a shameless plug for my boyfriend’s band. But this is a cute little love song that describes what true love feels like. It’s catchy, it’s fun, and it should definitely be on your new year’s playlist.

8. "Different Colors" -WALK THE MOON

Best Line: "So come on lovers, come on haters/tonight we raise the fire."

You’ve probably heard “Shut Up and Dance” (because who hasn’t?) but you might not have heard their follow up single, Different Colors. It’s not the dance jam that Shut Up and Dance is, but it’s still a great song to blast in your car.

9. "Welcome to the Jungle" -Guns N' Roses

Best Line: "Welcome to the jungle we take it day by day/if you want it you're gonna bleed but it's the price you pay."

This song is a classic, and there’s a reason why. It’s powerful and so easy to jam to. There’s never a reason not to crank it up and enjoy it.

10. "Walk" -Foo Fighters

Best Line: "I'm dancing on my grave/I'm running through the fire."

This song is about getting back up after being knocked down, and it has inspired me to pick myself back up multiple times. Here’s to your new beginnings, and to you for “learning to walk again.”

11. "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)" -Journey

Best Line: “Someday love will find you/break those chains that bind you.”

A rockin’ song reminding you to let love come to you, and that heartbreak hurts but things work out. If you still aren’t convinced this song should go on your playlist, consider this: it’s Journey. What other reason do you need?

12. "Victorious" -Panic! at the Disco

Best Line: “Oh we gotta turn up the crazy/livin’ like a washed-up celebrity.”

This song is absolutely perfect for your sports team, your workout playlist, or just turning up on a Saturday night. (Also I’m gonna go ahead and recommend the whole album because it’s phenomenal and has a couple of Sinatra-esque tracks).

13. "Sweeter Than Fiction" -Taylor Swift

Best Line: "Someday you won't remember/the pain you thought would last forever and ever."

One of Taylor’s lesser-known tracks (written for the British film “One Chance”), this song captures how amazing true love actually is and how it can fix your broken pieces.

14. "Renegade" -Styx

Best Line: "Lawman said, 'Get him dead or alive.'/Now it's for sure he'll see me dead."

Maybe it’s the slow build-up, maybe it’s the catchy lyrics, or maybe it’s just because it’s an awesome song, but I love it, and I think you should too.

15. "In Your Pocket" -Maroon 5

Best Line: "I can't believe you looked me in the eye/and said to me you had nothing to hide."

Maroon 5 is my guilty pleasure. This song is from the perspective of a guy who suspects his girlfriend is hiding something. Perfect if you just dumped your cheating ex, or just because it’s a pretty good song.

16. "The Phoenix" -Fall Out Boy

Best Line: “You know time crawls on when you’re waiting for the song to start/so dance alone to the beat of your heart.”

This song is powerful, motivating, and kinda makes you wanna flip some tables and scream from the rooftops. It’s a perfect song for working out or for those car jams I keep mentioning.

17. "Already Gone" -The Eagles

Best Line: "And I'm already gone/and I'm feeling strong."

A fantastic song by a fantastic band about leaving behind a bad situation. It’s completely perfect for the new year.