17 Songs You May Or May Not Know To Make You Dance Or Cry

Get up and dance, have a good cry or smile from ear to ear all with the aid of some music!

3231
Exploring Your Mind

Music is a very powerful tool in society for years on end. There are many songs that cause us to feel certain things just by one line in a song, or a simple melody. Music can mend a broken heart or make us remember how our heart was once broken. It gives us just a small insight into the writer's life and mind and let's us feel something that connect us to them. Here are some songs (some popular and others not as much) that I personally feel have effected me in some way or another, either making me cry or making me dance, by their melodies or lyrics and I'd like to share them in hopes they can effect you too.

1. Afire Love - Ed Sheeran

"Put your open lips on mine and slowly let them shut, for they're designed to be together oh."

This has to be one of my favorite Ed Sheeran songs for the lyrics alone that paint a vivid picture of love and grief.

2. Molly - Lil' Dicky

"You can find another me tomorrow, and that's the hardest pill to swallow."

I discovered this song recently and it is the perfect breakup song, or the perfect song to make you feel lucky if you are in love. Not to mention the flow this rapper has is pretty great too.

3. Homesick - A Day To Remember

"I'm holding onto a fairytale, we're moving closer but we're not there yet."

One of my all time favorite ADTR songs with great melodies and a chorus that makes you forget they were screaming a few seconds ago.

4. Sticks And Bricks - A Day To Remember

"Where were you, when my walls came falling down?"

Another one of my favorites by ADTR, it always makes me think of people who've turned their head when I was asking for help. It has strong lyrics and a strong chorus as well. If you're not into screaming this song could be a good start for you.

5. Cannon In D - Johann Pachelbel

My absolute favorite song of all time, and while you may not recognize the name of this song you definitely know it when you hear it.

6. Still - Seinabo Sey

"I still remember me before you, I will no longer need your rescue."

At first I thought this was a love song but after listening to the lyrics I realized it was more of a song about heartbreak, which made it even more beautiful to me.

7. All I Ask - Phantom Of The Opera

"Say you need me with you now and always, promise me that all you say is true, that's all I ask of you."

I've come to find that not a lot of people like Phantom Of The Opera, but if you're into musicals, a little bit of opera and a lot of high notes then this love song is perfect for you!

8. Love's On The Way - Sebastian Kole

"Maybe I'm numb to the news of violence, I just send another prayer. Maybe we're used to this or clueless, or is it nobody cares?"

This song perfectly sums up the world we are living in and how it's falling apart, but in a somewhat upbeat manner. It is very relevant to our current situations all over the world and America and how we have to fix this world ourselves.

9. Jackie And Wilson - Hozier

"She'll know me crazy soothe me daily but yet, she wouldn't care."

A very different song from his more famous single of "Take Me To Church", this upbeat type of love song is fun to listen to and sing really loudly alone in the car or your room.

10. Cosmic Love - Florence + The Machine

"Then I heard your heart beating, you were in darkness too, so I stayed in the darkness with you"

This song is powerful with its strong vocals, lyrics that make you feel you're in outer space and melodies that entrance you. The timbre of Florence's voice makes this song even more beautiful.

11. Do You Think Of Me - Misha B

"Every time the night falls down, do you wonder what I'm doing now?"

Another one of my all time favorite songs that make me want to dance every time I hear it and scream/sing with everything I have in me.

12. Sometimes I Just Go For It - The Used

This song is just a piano without lyrics or anything else. It is very light and airy and has many different emotions packed into one piece.

13. Existentialism On Prom Night - Straylight Run

"Sing me something soft, sad and delicate, or loud and out of key, sing me anything."

This song has a lot of piano in it which makes me love it a lot, but also has a weird quality that makes me somewhat uncomfortable, a little bit happy and a little bit sad.

14. Stand In The Light - Jordan Smith

"Cause the greatest risk we'll ever take is by far, to stand in the light and be seen as we are."

A song all about loving yourself, with melodies that jump around a little bit is pleasing to the ears and to the soul.

15. You're Not The One - Chester See

"You might make me feel whole, I don't make you complete. I will grow old with you, but you've grown tired of me."

Probably the saddest breakup song I've ever heard, but that being sad it really is quite beautifully tragic to listen to, just be warned you might cry.

16. Just Another Day - Jon Secada

"I don't want to find another way, make it through the day without you."

This song from 1992 is fun to dance to, fun to sing to and fun to blast on your radio.

17. Love The Way You Lie, Part II - Skylar Grey

"Even angels have their wicked schemes and you take them to new extremes, but you'll always be my hero even though you've lost your mind."

We all know Eminem's hit "Love The Way You Lie", but here is another version of it that will make you cry with its heart shattering lyrics.

That's it for now! I hope that you get to listen to just a couple of these if you didn't know them already and that they make you want to sing, dance, cry or whatever it is makes you happy.