17 Resolutions For 2017

17 Resolutions For 2017

New Years is the perfect excuse for making better habits.

92893
17 Resolutions For 2017

It is officially 2017! After the mess of a year that was 2016, I definitely wanted to take the new year as an opportunity to strive to be a better person. There are so many aspects in my personal life that I would like to perfect or better, and the new year is a fantastic opportunity to begin working on the such things. I feel that there are many New Years resolutions that are common among all people including exercising more, eating healthier, and practicing self-care; so, I have compiled a list of 17 resolutions that I would like to accomplish in 2017 in order to inspire others who share some or all of the same goals.

1. Say yes to more adventures.

I spent the latter half of 2016 studying abroad in England, which was an adventure that was completely out of comfort zone. However, this experience helped me grow as a person. In the new year, I would like to do a lot more of what makes me uncomfortable.

2. ...but be comfortable with saying no.

Although saying yes to new things can be eye-opening growing experiences, it is important to learn to say no to things that bring you stress.

3. Take more time to relax.

As a working college student, I tend to have a lot of responsibilities and due dates that flood my life with stress and anxiety. I feel that I definitely need to learn how to relax and take time to practice self-care.

4. Eat a cleaner diet.

Eating clean is something that I would like to practice during the new year, because clean diets have been found to lead to clearer skin, less anxiety, and more energy.

5. Work Out consistently.

In addition to eating clean, exercising is key to achieving a healthy, balanced life. Personally, I love running and working out, but I would like to follow a consistent plan during the new year in order to make more time for exercising.

6. Have a schedule and follow it.

Sometimes, I find myself forgetting events or due dates. I think it is important to write important reminders down and create and follow a daily schedule so that you are able to stay on track.

7. Stop procrastinating.

It is extremely easy to procrastinate on school or work if you do not practice healthy habits. In 2017, I am going to try my hardest to develop small habits that will lead to big differences in my work performance.

8. Maintain a better sleeping pattern.

I have a really poor habit of falling asleep and waking up at erratic times, so I am striving to develop a healthier and steady sleep schedule that will hopefully be leaving me feeling energized throughout the day.

9. Read one book per month.

A good way to relax is to read, and I haven't found the time to read a good book in a long time. Also, reading is a brilliant alternative to spending time mindlessly scrolling through social media.

10. Challenge myself to save $5000 by the end of the year.

I found a great plan for saving money (thanks to Pinterest), and I am really excited to follow it so that I can learn how to save and manage my money better.

11. Be more patient.

Oftentimes, I find myself extremely impatient with how certain aspects of my life are panning out, so I feel that it might be healthy to relax and leave some things in the hands of the universe.

12. Unplug more.

Every morning, I wake up and immediately turn to my phone in order to check my texts and social medias. I want to get rid of this nasty habit and spend more time doing healthy activities in the mornings such as reading or practicing yoga.

13. Spend less time in my room.

Sometimes, I feel that life is too much to handle and I don't want to leave my room. However, it is important to remember that everything will turn out fine. Get out and embrace the day!

14. Make my own coffee at home more often.

One of my worst habits is giving a lot of my money to Starbucks. It is easy to stop at the Starbucks drive-thru on the way to school or work, but the money you spend on coffee certainly adds up after a while.

15. Call more people.

If I am unable to talk to someone in person, I certainly result to sending a short text to them. However, I find that it is healthier to speak over the phone if possible; this simple act can help relationships flourish.

16. Spend less money on frivolous things.

The amount of clothes, food, makeup, or coffee that I have spent money on is honestly ridiculous. I should be saving my money for more important things, so in 2017, I would like to be more of a minimalist.

17. Do my best.

All in all, I can draft out my goals for the new year, but the only thing I can do to be a better person is my best. I hope that you try your best to make 2017 your year to thrive!