17 Movies Coming Out in 2017

17 Movies Coming Out in 2017

From summer blockbusters to WWII movies, start anticipating these upcoming stories!

23
17 Movies Coming Out in 2017
Business Insider

We are created to love stories. We love a compelling plot that sends us to another world, and recently, these worlds have been more and more realistic. One of my favorite parts of watching a movie actually happens before I even see the movie- it’s the anticipation. Therefore, I’ve compiled a list of 17 movies we should all get excited about this year!*

*Disclaimer: these dates and descriptions are liable to change.

1. Hidden Figures (January 6)

You don’t need to wait to see this spunky movie about the women behind the first successful space launch!

2. Lego Batman Movie (February 10)

The Legos are back, and this time they are wearing black or really, really dark grey. Get ready to learn about teamwork as Batman faces a greater challenge than the Joker- an adopted son.

3. A United Kingdom (February 10)

Prince Seretse Khama of Botswana challenges the balance of nations in the late 1940s when he marries a English woman, and they must fight for their love and their peace.

4. Beauty and the Beast (March 17)

Really, need I say more than that? I get goosebumps every time I watch the trailer (which, by now, had been more than a few times).

5. Their Finest (March 24

A WWII movie about a film crew who boost morale through propaganda.

6. The Zookeeper’s Wife (March 31)

Can one have too many WWII movies? This one is about a zookeeper’s wife who smuggles Jews into her zoo.

7. The Circle (April 28)

Starring Emma Watson and Tom Hanks (need I say more?) be prepared for secrets and powerful politics as a girl gets tangled up a tech company that desires to know the world’s secrets.

8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (May 5)

Really, I must force you to watch the trailer for this movie, as our favorite team of rag-tag superheroes saves the world again.

9. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (May 26)

Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, and some new faces are back as the Black Pearl searches for Poseidon’s trident.

10. Wonder Woman (June 2)

Girl power to the max! Wonder Women is here to show us how to fight with strength and stand strong even in the face of a war to end all wars.

11. Cars 3 (June 16)

Pixar rarely goes wrong, so get ready to race with Lightning McQueen as he proves again that cars are not inanimate objects after all.

12. Despicable Me 3 (June 30)

Having a bad, bad day? Look forward to Gru, Lucy, and the gang as they face an 80’s inspired villain out for world domination. I can’t promise there won’t be fart guns.

13. Spiderman Homecoming (July 7)

The complexity of being a young superhero comes to life in this highly-anticipated movie starring Tom Holland and Robert Downey Jr. Just watch the preview.

14. Thor Ragnarok (November 30)

Missed Thor in Civil War? Don’t worry, he’s in a different all-star war of his own as Dr. Strange, Loki, Hulk, and more of our favorite characters star in a new Marvel adventure.

15. Murder on the Orient Express (November 22)

Agatha Christy’s novel comes to life as Daisy Ridley and Johnny Depp star in this retelling of the story where a detective investigates a murder on the most famous train of the day.

16. Star Wars Episode VIII (December 15)

*Cue the Darth Vador theme*

17. Charming (Unannoucned)

Prince Charming is a compulsive Princess-seeker and find himself engaged to three Princesses in this animated movie from the producers of Shrek.

Honorable mentions include Gifted (April 12) and Darkest Hour (November 24). Also, Disney plans to release another live action Fairy Tale, yet unknown, sometime this year, possibly December 22.

Hopefully you have some movie theater gift cards, because you might be broke after watching all of these movies (given that you see Beauty and the Beast like 50 million times and all others once). Happy movie watching!