17 Legitimate Questions To Help You Figure Out What Your Crush Thinks Of You

He or She really does like you! Right?

789
YouTube / Superwoman

This article is a collaboration between several authors, including Kashvi Mundra, Alma Maldonado, Divya Joshi, Jasmine Hsieh and Angelica Santiago.

Crushes can be one of the most confusing and enlightening experiences in your life, and your feelings will usually fluctuate way too often, from happy and free to heartbroken. Even though it’s supposed to happen, you may sometimes feel frustrated and ask why it happens and why you’re the only person that feels this way. But have you ever noticed these signs coming from the one you fancy? It may mean you both are something more than just acquaintances or friends.

1. Do their pupils dilate when they look at you? Does their body language signal this as well, like their feet and body being pointed toward you?

Feelings affect a person’s physical state a lot. They may subconsciously be showing all these signs and not even know it. This includes blushing when they're talking to you, or leaning in for a conversation and looking at you straight in the eye. It may feel like they're looking deep inside you if you hold eye contact for a particularly long time.

Also, how much do they stare at you? Do they watch you and quickly look away? Or do they look over to you and laugh if something funny has happened?

2. Do they sometimes talk to you about the most random things?

This is when they just turn to you and ask about the game that was last night...when you weren't even looking at them.

3. If you can find out, do they treat you differently than others?

Basically, do they offer you advice for things you're stressed about or offer to carry your books? Do they try to make you feel better if something didn't work out or smile at you a lot?

Pay attention to this, because everyone treats people differently, and the best way to analyze them is observing their personality. Are they always like this with everyone or is it just you?

4. Are they “always there?"

This is especially a big reason if you are observant and always pay attention to them. They may even try to call attention to themselves when you're around just to see if you listen, especially if they're particularly outgoing.

5. Do you and your friends always find them looking towards your direction?

Direction is always important. Oftentimes, they would face in your direction because it’s the best view to look at you discreetly. Just a quick look straight ahead, and you would barely even notice.

6. Do they ask for a lot of help at school, even with the most basic questions?

Asking you questions is the only way they can talk to you. They would find the most basic questions just to get a chance to look at you without trying to be sly about it.

7. Are they very curious about who you like and ask often?

Try and analyze your conversations with them from time to time. Sometimes, they may ask you casually if you’re interested in anyone. It also depends on the tone. If they appear to be a little disappointed if you say you like someone, there’s a good chance they like you.

8. If you have mutual friends, do those friends ever tell you that they talk about you a lot?

This can be in a positive and negative way. Some people will trash talk their crushes just to talk about them without giving away the fact that they like them. It’s good to compare this to the way they treat you; if they are nice to you when it’s just you but you always hear about them talking about your flaws, they may like you but aren’t ready to admit it.

9. Are they talking or wanting to hang out with you more often?

This means they call and text you for no reason, and this is much easier to see if they aren’t already friends with you. They may even try to become friends, even if you’re from completely different social groups.

10. Do they ask for advice on a crush? (It may be you they’re asking about!)

Do be careful with this, they may speak vaguely, so be sure to ask follow-up questions to narrow it down.

11. Are they looking a bit more groomed (shower/cologne/hair fixed) than usual around you?

Everyone always wants to look good around their crush. Just a quick shower after shaving and picking out a clean, fresh outfit will surely catch your eye; at least, that’s what they’re hoping to do.

12. Do they straight up tell you that they like you and/or ask you out?

This is the most obvious sign anyone can ever receive. If they tell you they like you and/or ask you out, say yes!

13. Do they trust you with information about them that no one else knows about?

This means they will usually reveal their life goals and what they do just to impress you, or they'll rant to you about themselves because they see you as someone who can help.

14. Do their friends tease them a lot about you?

If you definitely see their friends treat them differently when you’re around or try to set you up somewhere, it’s a pretty sure sign that they’ve told their friends about you (and friends make big deals about everything)!

15. There isn’t anyone else in the picture, right?

Is there someone they hang around just as much as you?

Are they friends or more than that?

16. Are they abnormally interested in your life and ask a lot of questions about you?

This is because many people feel like the easiest way to get close with someone is to know as much about them as possible. If they are interested in your life goals, what classes you’re taking or even where you’ve lived, they probably share your feeling.

17. Do they try to initiate physical contact often?

This may be if they brush you in the halls even if there is a lot of space around them, or even if you accidentally bump into them or brush them, and they don’t move away.

Most of the time, these reasons mean that your crush is interested in you at the very least, but your gut instinct is right a lot more than what we give it credit for. There’s a reason your first answer on a test question is usually right. What do you really feel about your crush liking you, underneath all of that want? There’s your most probable answer.