17 Florence + The Machine Essentials

17 Florence + The Machine Essentials

I love her and you should too.

102
17 Florence + The Machine Essentials
Google

Yes, Florence + the Machine is one of my favorite music groups of all time. Yes, I listened to her before it was cool. Yes, I found out about her from playing TapTap Revolution in 8th grade. And no, I haven't looked back since. Florence Welch has been around longer than most friendships and I have loved her more than any lover. Our love is written in the stars but it's not any of that Romeo and Juliet, one of us will die in the end bullshit. No, this music has shaped me into who I am. It's the reason I'm the confident lady you see in front of you today and that means something. Florence is in my blood. Chances are, if you aren't fond of her, things probably won't work out between us. So, you might as well just get used to it and go listen to the Apple Music Playlist I made especially for this article because I'm going to give you a crash course on all things Florence. Without further ado, here are my top 17 Florence + the Machine Essentials.

1. Cosmic Love

Everyone loves space and the cosmos are pretty much the same thing, right?

2. Bedroom Hymns

This one's for all those times you want to walk the runway to class, work, or the grocery store. It's sure to bring your confidence up to the next level and put a bit of a pep in your step.

3. Drumming Song

Because even songs built on anger can make you feel ready to stick it to the world.

4. What Kind of Man

Ever wonder about what mental illness actually feels like? Go watch this music video and find out. :)

5. Too Much is Never Enough

One of her newest songs, and more tame, this one will most definitely the the height of your fall playlist.

6. Girl with One Eye

This one's number six on this playlist, but it's number one in my heart. It's just so dark, you know? No? Well get at that new lyric feature on iTunes, girl, and get ready to gasp for days.

7. Third Eye

This song makes me feel insane and that's okay.

8. I'm Not Calling You a Liar

First song I ever learned on my ukulele... Not that I could play it now or anything, but this slower beat it great for chilling at home nevertheless.

9. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful

Call PBS because this is a true masterpiece. Once you really get into it that is. This song is like classical music for people who don't want to seem like a nerd. (btw, I can say that because classical music is my freaking jam. Yea, I'm a nerd, but I feel better when I listen to songs like this one.)

10. Only if for a Night

Slow, but intense. This song has been featured on a number of albums including Rihanna's latest release: ANTI.

11. Howl

Yes, her first album is my favorite. Why do you care so much? Just go listen to it all and thank me later. (But skip to the end and listen to this one before the others, because there's just nothing like it.)

12. St Jude

You'll want to be a saint after you listen to this song. Once you fly with an angel, you're life is never the same.

13. Lover to Lover

An oldie, but a goodie.

14. Hey Girl (feat. Florence Welch)

No, this isn't technically a Florence + the Machine song, but all the cool kids place a feature in their playlists so I'm going to do it too!

15. My Boy Builds Coffins

This is another one of the Lungs elite, I used to blare this one on my way back from late night theatre rehearsals with the windows down and my overly hairsprayed hair a flying - totally worth the experience, let me tell you.

16. Wish That You Were Here

You'll find this lovely ditty in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which only makes it that much more of a bop, honestly.

17. Stand By Me

A classic cover of an even more classic song. This one will make any playlist shine a bit brighter (and not just because my girl is singing it).