16 Things We Wish We Had As Kids

16 Things We Wish We Had As Kids

No, it's not the new iPhone 7.

89
16 Things We Wish We Had As Kids
Google

We had it pretty good back in the day. We had a great time and made lots of memories, even without the new iPhone 7, but there are some things that were still just a pain. Here are 16 things that would've made our childhood simpler or a bit more extreme if they existed when we were kids.

1. Bunch O Balloons

Where was this when you were 8 years old? Bunch O Balloons fills 100 water balloons and ties them automatically in just 60 seconds. How you ask? I have absolutely no idea, but it's pretty much magic. Your good ol' fashioned water balloon fight just got a whole lot simpler.

2. Inflatable Jousting Logs

As a kid, you were definitely way too hyper to lay down and relax on a pool floaty. Swimline's Inflatable Jousting Logs make it so you don't have to. Just hop on and whack your partner with the blow-up log until someone falls off. Pool volleyball was overrated anyway.

3. Hand Shovels

You mean there's an easier way to make the perfect sandcastle than by using your hands or that half-broken shovel all the kids stole from you at summer camp? HandTrux Backhoe is where it's at. Now you'll have time to complete the moat and bury your brother in the sand!

4. Skee Ball Mini Golf

Your favorite activities combined into one fun game? Majik Putt For Points lets you practice your skills so you can destroy all the kids at the next birthday party you attend at a mini golf course.

5. Sled Legs

So you’re saying I don’t have to haul my sled all the way up the hill anymore? And I can just slide around whenever and wherever I feel like it? Sled Legs are essential everyday wear.

6. Bathtub Ball Track Set

Remember that cool kit with the marbles you could roll down those plastic tubes? Yeah, those were awesome until mom made you stop playing with them to shower instead. Now you never have to take a break to bathe, because this ball track set works in the bath and water itself!

7. NERF Mega Mastodon Blaster

NERF gun wars just got way more intense. With NERF Mega Mastodon Blaster, you can shoot 24 rapid fire darts up to 100 feet with NERF's first motorized blaster. That's right, it has a motor. It's also so big it needs a shoulder strap to be properly used. Talk about intimidation.

8. Flying Remote Control Shark

Want to wake up your sister in the morning in just about the most terrifying way possible? Just take Air Swimmers Flying Shark and use the remote to fly it next to her bed. Don't be disappointed, though. As fun as it could've been as a kid, it sounds like a pretty funny office prank now.

9. Platform Swing

No more having someone left out because you and your two BFFs went to the park and there were only two swings. Skycurve Platform Swing lets your whole squad hop on board. According to the picture, you don't even need to hold on! So now when your one friend inevitably tries to flip the swing around the pole it's connected to, and you all fall off, you will all be feeling the exact same pain. Oh, the camaraderie.

10. Shark Sleeping Bag

This Shark Bait Sleeping Bag is guaranteed to make you the coolest kid at the slumber party. Not only is it super cozy, but every time you crawl into it, you can make a dramatic scene that you're being eaten by a shark. Demand attention. Control the room.

11. Cupcake Flavored Toothpaste

These days, Cupcake Toothpaste sounds about as good as UV Cake, but back in the day, you would've killed for something other than your Colgate plaque preventing mint. It's dessert after dessert, first thing in the morning!

12. Water Cannon

Ha! Look at those peasants thinking their little water guns are any match for your Westminster 1055 Water Cannon. There's no constant refilling when you can connect yours directly to the hose. It's perfect for water fights with friends or spraying mom while she's just trying to relax after a long day at work.

13. Pie Face

Go Fish was fun, but you didn't get to see your friends and family get hit in the face with whipped cream during Go Fish. Your favorite board game company, Hasbro, really stepped it up with Pie Face, the game where each spin of the handle could end with a splat.

14. DIY Ice Cream Maker

I don't know if it's possible to top Easy Bake Oven in food creating toys, but check out this Ice Cream Maker. Not only will it create the perfect ice cream for you, but there's a place to hold and dispense all of your favorite toppings, too!

15. Snowball Slingshot

Ready. Aim. Fire! With this Crossbow Snowball Launcher, you'll really be the coolest kid on the block, and the only one that can launch a snowball three houses down from your snow fort in the front yard.

16. Extreme Water Tag

Laser tag meets refreshing backyard summer fun with Extreme Water Tag. Strap on the vest and fill your opponent's vest with water before they can fill yours!