16 Things to Know Before FEST 2016

16 Things to Know Before FEST 2016

Written by the intern herself.
6

The FEST is a day of faith, family and fun, all for free, and I want to be sure that you have "EVERYTHING" to make it a great day!

1. Get there right at noon.

Beat the traffic and get your spot on the field. Set up blankets and lawn chairs and get ready to enjoy the day!

2. Bring an umbrella.

Stay cool with an umbrella! We will not be allowing tents this year due to safety issues, but encourage you to bring umbrellas to provide shade from the sun!

3. Stay hydrated.

Make sure that you stay well hydrated on the day of the FEST. Sometimes it can be quite hot, and we want to be sure you are nice and cool! Bottles of water will be on sale for $1, thanks to our good friends at Distillata, or you are welcome to bring your own!

4. Enjoy the concerts.

Lauren Daigle, Matthew West, Michael W. Smith, and the Newsboys will be lining up the main stage, and you don’t want to miss them!

5. Use your passport to everything.

The instructions will be located in the booklet you receive at the gates of the FEST. Complete the scavenger hunt to be entered for a chance to win great prizes, including on-stage seats for the Newsboys and a photo autographed by all the bands!

6. Pre-register for Marc’s Mom’s Relaxation Station.

Skip the line on the day of the FEST and register early here.

7. Take a tour of the seminary.

The seminary is one of my favorite places. With its rich history and eccentric artwork, a tour is definitely something you shouldn’t miss!

8. Volunteer.

It takes more than 1,000 volunteers to put on the FEST, and we are still in need of about 200 more! Sign up to volunteer for a two-hour shift and receive a free T-shirt as a thank you. You can sign up here.

9. Grow in your faith.

The FEST has many opportunities for you to grow in your faith. Experience the sacrament of Reconciliation, pray the Rosary, or worship our Lord in adoration at the Holy Hour of Mercy.

10. Donate.

The FEST would not be possible without our generous donations, vendors, sponsors, and the FEST grand raffle. If you are able, please donate to our Love Buckets before Mass or one of the many spots around the grounds.

11. Know where to park.

Parking at the FEST is free and easy! Check out this video for more info!

12. Win a scholarship.

Stop by the Notre Dame College tent for a chance to win a $10,000 scholarship renewable over four years!

13. Purchase your raffle ticket ahead of time.

Beat the long lines on the day of the FEST and purchase tickets ahead of time online here.

14. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

There will be contests all week with chances to win meet and greet passes! Be on the look out and be sure to enter!

15. Stay for the Mass.

Even if you aren’t Catholic, we welcome you to celebrate the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass with us. The FEST Liturgy is one of my favorites of the year and there are beautiful fireworks after!

16. Say thank you.

Please thank our wonderful sponsors, vendors, and volunteers! Letting them know how much you enjoyed the day, it really affirms all the hard work that everyone puts into the event.

If you want to know more, visit the FEST website. I will see you on Sunday, August 7 at the FEST!