16 Things I Miss From The '90s

16 Things I Miss From The '90s

If you weren't a 90's kid, you just wouldn't get it.

214
16 Things I Miss From The '90s

I think it's safe to say that 90's kids and kids nowadays are growing up a little bit differently. So many times I think about my childhood and wonder what happened to all the wonderful things I grew up with. To this day when I see something from the 90's it makes me smile a bit and it also makes me so sad that children now and in the future will never experience any of it.

1. Crash Bandicoot

The original Crash Bandicoot was a game that I spent hours playing on my sister's Playstation. Back then never would I have thought that this game would go for $50 on Amazon in 2016, but surprise it is! Is it worth it? Absolutely!

2. Boy Bands

They had the voices, they had the moves, and they had adorable faces. What more would any young girl want? From N*SYNC to the Backstreet Boys, and who could forget O-Town? Sometimes I still wonder what Ashley Parker Angel is doing till this day. And how could you not miss JT's bleach blonde curly locks? It's unfortunate that children these days will never be able to replicate the moves in "Bye, Bye, Bye."

3. Skip It

This thing was amazing. A ball on a string that you put around your ankle and hop over. I mean this was innovative and a great workout for kids. Plus it had a little clicker that counted the amount of times you hopped over it, talk about technology! They came in the best colors and the commercial had the catchiest song ever! If you would like to relive it click here. Kids these days can't do that on an iPad.

4. Mandy Moore's singing career

How could anyone forget Mandy Moore's bleach blonde "Candy" days? I personally owned two of her cds but "Candy" was easily the most memorable and popular song. The music video featured her driving around in a lime green punch buggy, doesn't get more 90's than that.

5. This outrageous move

Now, people wouldn't even think twice if someone did a move like this. But back then there was outrage over Britney Spear's chest shimmy in "...Baby One More Time."

6. The Big Comfy Couch

A children's show from back in the 90's which followed a clown and her doll that lived on a couch. The best part was the "Clock Rug Stretch," which was intended to get kids up and moving. You bet that every time I watched I was up and stretching with her.

7. Power Rangers

Never Forget the original cast.

8. Rewinding

Okay I don't really miss this but kids these days will never know the STRUGGLE of having to rewind a tape or cassette. Or the struggle of forgetting to do it the last time you watched the tape so when you put it in all you see is a black screen. Just makes me appreciate not having to rewind anymore.

9. Disney Channel Original Movies

"Smart House!" "Zenon!" "Brink!" I mean how sorry do you feel that these kids will never be able to enjoy some of the best films from our childhood?

10. Teen Game Shows

Legend of the Hidden Temple, Family Double Dare, or Figure It Out who didn't wonder how they could get on these shows. I dreamed of competing in the obstacle course and getting slimed.

11. Hit Clips

The pure joy we experienced when you got one of these in your McDonald's Happy Meal is something that can't be met.

12. Fruit Stripe Gum

Zebra gum as you may remember it. I don't know what it was, maybe it was all the colors on the packaging, but we just had to have this gum.

13. Gel Pens

Gel pens were all the rage back in the day. They made writing so much more fun when it wasn't in pencil. I mean I would write just for the heck of it to use these things. They would run out of ink in like two days but it was so worth it.

14. Lisa Frank

When I was younger Lisa Frank ruled the school. I mean everyone had at least one thing that was Lisa Frank, whether it was a folder or a pencil. I work at a school now and not once have I seen a child break out anything that looks remotely close to Lisa Frank, heartbreaking.

15. Wishbone

How can you forget the most adorable Jack Russell Terrier that imagined himself as the hero in classic literature?

16. Fantasy Ball Lollipops

Any 90's kid knows the best part of these lollipops were the Spice Girls stickers that came inside. My sister and I had sticker books filled with them. We asked for one every time we went to the corner store all for that awesome Spice Girl sticker.