16 Struggles Of Packing For A Summer Internship

Because it's impossible to fit an entire closet in your suitcase.

868

Anyone who has a summer internship planned for this summer knows how challenging it is to pack for one. The struggle is real. It's impossible to fit an entire closet in your suitcase. Keep reading for a list of the common struggles associated with packing for a summer internship.

1. When you realize you have to leave in two hours and you have yet to begin packing

2. When you attempt to start packing and feel overwhelmed when you remember you have to pack for eight weeks so packing an outfit a day is just out of the question.

3. When you take a dessert break before you have even started because it’s all too much

4. When you can’t find, like, three random things and it drives you crazy

Shout out to my stationary for disappearing.

5. When your entire closet is either in the suitcase or the “maybe” pile

6. When you start putting items in your suitcase and it looks full before you’ve even added your work clothes

7. When you take a second dessert break before you sit on your suitcase in the hopes of adding more weight so it will zip shut

8. When you seriously cannot fit anything else in the suitcase, so you call your mom for help

9. And then she works her parental magic and somehow fits it all

10. When you attempt to lift your suitcase and it doesn’t even leave the ground

11. When rolling your suitcase through the airport is of comparable difficulty to wrangling a toddler on a leash

I'm aware this GIF is irrelevant, but it was too cute to leave out!

12. When you place your suitcase on the baggage check scale and the check-in lady gives you the stink eye as you pretend to not notice how egregiously overweight your bag is

13. When the check-in lady says it will cost $100 to check an overweight bag, so you start frantically shoving socks and miscellaneous junk from the suitcase into your backpack

Until she reminds you that there’s a limit on carry-on size...

14. When you're on the plane and you remember you forgot to pack something a. really expensive b. hard to replace or c. both

Off to a great start with that I-make-no-money budget!

15. When your roommate rolls up with just a carry-on and you wonder if she’s even a real person or just a better person than you

16. When you finish unpacking and it dawns on you that you have to fit this all back in the suitcase in two months

Not to mention all the souvenirs/random crap you will acquire along the way...

Packing may or may not be one of the hardest parts of preparing for a summer internship. Best of luck!