16 Signs That You're a True Arizonian

16 Signs That You're a True Arizonian

The dust isn't always dustier on the other side.

408
16 Signs That You're a True Arizonian
MichaelKingFilms

Fellow Arizonians, we are a special breed. We endure drastic heat conditions and continue to endure the Arizona sun even in the midst of "winter." While other places have snow up to their roofs, desert folk enjoy the crisp, "less-hot" air. Rain in a glorious occurrence and we live for double-digit days here in the desert. But you truly can tell you're an Arizonian if...

1. You can speak Mexican food

What does "Enchilada con queso" mean? The answer is; pure heaven with cheese mi amigos. Plus you probably know the best Mexican food joints in town.

2. You might have a spare pair of oven mitts in your car

Oh the summer steering wheel struggle is real, fellow Arizonians. And you probably have decided to just "suck it up" and drive anyways despite the fact that people bake cookies in their cars during the summer (true fact).

3. You know what a haboob is

Anyone who doesn't know what a haboob is will look at you super funny when you say the word, haboob. Haboobs are no fun. Do not drive in haboobs, do not walk in haboobs, and do not breath in haboobs. You'll thank me, I promise.

4. You don't really know how daylight savings works

What is that foreign language? Why is every other state so tired? How does one save daylight?

5. You know what the "snowbird struggle" is

Brace yourselves, we're in the midst of "Snowbird Season."

6. You might be an awful driver in the rain.

Rain is such a rare occurrence, us Arizonians simply do not know how to tactfully drive in the rain! Also, you probably don't use your blinker, but kudos to you if you do because you're a rare breed.

7. Your iPhone has revealed the "top secret message" to you

Also known as the temperature warning.

8. You throw around the phrase, "it's a dry heat" like confetti.

My non- Arizonian friends often ask me "how are you not like dead?" Friends, it's a dry heat. If it were a wet heat we'd be dead.

9. Your family probably does not own a lawn mower

And if you do, again, kudos to you. Taking care of grass (or any vegetation) here is a chore. And no, you can't mow rocks.

10. You've almost hit, seen, or heard of a burro

Not a "bean burro" but I'm proud of you for catching on to sign #1. We're talking about wild donkeys, and I'm not kidding.

11. You know that any day under 100 degrees is beautiful day

In the midst of the summer heat, us Arizonians dream of double digit weather.

12. You dream of Flagstaff

Must...See...Trees...

13. You know the famous "after rain" smell

The cause remains unknown to most of us, but if an "Arizona Post Rainfall" candle scent exists, I would buy it.

14. You're a "shoe-shaker"

To shake out those scorpions. Plus you've probably heard all of the sketch scorpion stories too. They're vicious critters man.

15. You've had a Mexican hotdog

We're not talking about your average hot dogs, friends. This is your average cross between a hot dog and a taco, aka heaven on a bun.

16. You realize that Arizona is surely dusty, extremely hot, and mono-color; but you wouldn't want to call any other place home

Except maybe the beach, but it's casual.

The dust certainly isn't dustier on the other side.