16 Signs You're The Mom Of Your Friend Group

She's your mother from another mother.

1103
Mikalyna Sell

We all have one in our friend group. The one friend who cares for you like a mother when your real mom isn't around. Without her, your friend group would just be a collection of people with similar interests who are barely able to function. If you're sitting there trying to decide which of your friends is the "Mom" of the group, it just might be you! Here are a few signs that you are the designated motherly figure in your group of friends.

1. You pack snacks

You know your friends get crabby when they start to get hungry. That's why you've got granola bars in your backpack for those long road trips, study sessions, and any other time they may become necessary.

2. You help with assignments

You get stressed out with assignments, so why not help alleviate some of the stress on your friends by helping them out? After all, their successes are your successes.

3. You follow up on assignments

You text them a week later to find out how you they did.

4. You're the group photographer

You know your friends are going to want to remember these moments, but you also know they won't remember to take any pictures. Don't worry. You'll post them on Facebook, too.

5. You edit important documents

Emails to professors? Resumes? Texts to the person you like? All equally important and all must be shown to you before being submitted.

6. You send out text reminders

You text your friends to remind them of the meeting you have tonight, or to buy a Father's Day gift, or just to remind them how amazing and talented they actually are.

7. You carry around extra everything

Motrin, Tylenol, Midol, feminine products, chapstick, cough drops, pencils, paper, headphones, and band-aids. You've got it all.

8. Their love life is your love life

Sometimes you honestly feel as though you are somehow dating all of your friends' boyfriends. There isn't a text message you haven't read or a date you haven't heard every detail from.

9. You care for those less-sober than you

You provide friends with safe rides, water (even if they don't want it), and you sit with them until they fall asleep. You're also there to make sure they don't do anything they might regret in the morning.

10. You keep them safe

"Did you wear your helmet?" "Does everyone have their seat belts on?" "Look both ways!"

11. You take care of them when they're sick

You run to the pharmacy for meds and tea or bring them their assignments they missed from class.

12. You clean up their messes

Metaphorically and literally. If you're at their place and see a pile of dirty dishes, you can't help but wash them.

13. You settle feuds between friends

When two of your babies are fighting that causes extra stress on you and everyone in the group. You are the master of getting friends to apologize.

14. You're the queen of inspirational notes

Whether it's a "Have a great day!" Post-It in their lunch box or a "Don't forget to brush your teeth" note on the bathroom mirror, you know the power of a good sticky note reminder.

15. You hand out medical advice (even though you're probably not qualified)

Although you are in no way a doctor, friends usually come to you for free advice before seeking actual medical attention.

16. You wouldn't have it any other way

Although putting your friends' needs before your own most of the time can be exhausting, you really do like your role as Mom. Making sure your friends are happy and healthy is one of the most rewarding feelings. So, if you are lucky enough to find yourself as the mom of your friend group, congratulations! It's one heck of a job.