Do you wake up in the morning with no fear of missing an anniversary or the birthday of your special someone? Do you sit and beat people at Candy Crush while your friends are out taking forced selfies with their boyfriends/girlfriends? If you have said yes to any of these, you are in this crazy phase of your life called "singledom." Don’t get me wrong, relationships are awesome — but being single has it’s own share of "awesomeness" too!
1. You don’t have to face the awkward show of love.
2. You get to laugh and joke at the PDA of other couples.
3. You don’t have to bear nicknames like this.
Moon? Do I look that round and vampire white?
4. You can get piss drunk without answering anyone.
Weeee…. I’m flying.
5. You can watch any movie you want because...
...nobody will be complaining about it.
6. You can save money like crazy.
No buying fancy gifts and lovey-dovey stuff.
7. You can eat like this.
And be like this: ¯_(ツ)_/¯
8. After a tiring day at work, you don’t have to be glued to your phone for hours.
9. You are now at the consoling end of friends during break-ups.
Not the other way round.
10. You don’t have to remember dates for your anniversary, first kiss, first this, first that.
Or buy gifts for those special days.
11. You can eat your food without sharing.
And making the other person believe how genuinely nice and polite you are.
12. You enjoy life without having an attention-seeking baby (read: your partner) hovering around you or calling you incessantly.
13. You can check out and meet new people.
And the good news is you can even ask them out on a date if you want to!
14. You can plan some alone time things for yourself without being answerable to anyone.
Probably take that solo trip that you never could.
15. You have more time for your parents.
… and friends.
16. But the best thing is that you get to be a free soul and enjoy the hell out of your life until you do meet that special someone.
Yes, I'm single and you'll have to be AMAZING to change that!!!!!
So, keep calm and enjoy singledom. 😀