16 Reasons I'm Thankful This Holiday Season

There is so much to be thankful for this year.

73
YouTube

It's that time of year again. Thanksgiving is less than a week away, classes are wrapping up for the semester, and Christmas decorations are on display. This is my favorite time of year, not only because I love the weather and having the opportunity to spend time with friends and family, but because it is the time of year when I become a little more introspective and remind myself what I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful for a loving and all-powerful God who sent His Son to die for my sins so I could be saved.

2. I am thankful for my family. I wouldn't be where I am now without them.

3. I'm thankful for my dog, Rosie, whom I miss so very much when I am at school.

4. I'm thankful that I live in a country where I can practice basic rights and freedoms, without being fearful of repercussions.

5. I'm thankful that I go to a college where I am not treated as just another number, but as an important individual. The professors are awesome and I'm thankful I get to study a subject that I love at a school that I love.

6. I'm thankful for the cooler weather that fall and winter bring.

7. I'm thankful for bonfires and roasting marshmallows.

8. I'm thankful for cozy sweaters and fuzzy socks.

9. I'm thankful for hot chocolate and spending time with friends.

10. I'm thankful for Starbucks and free wifi.

11. I'm thankful for snow.

12. I'm thankful for the opportunity to write and edit for Odyssey.

13. I am thankful for warm soup on chilly days.

14. I'm thankful for Netflix.

15. I'm thankful for good books and cuddly cats.

16. I'm thankful for Christmas. I love the movies, music, cookies, and decorations. But most of all, I love what Christmas ultimately means.