16 Reasons Selena Quintanilla Is Amazing

Forever honoring the Queen of Tejano music.

3074

So we have officially entered the month of March and to me, the 31 days that this month holds every year have always been very significant. One of the most meaningful dates specifically about this month is March 31. I confess that this date will always have some type of substantial weight on my shoulders because it marks the anniversary of Selena Quintanilla's passing. Born and raised in Texas, the Mexican-American was not only a singer, songwriter, actress, fashion designer but a crystal clear inspiration to millions. The Tejano artist left nothing but a massive footprint in the many lives and hearts of those who idolized her.

Although deceased, Selena still continues to breathe life into her music like the iconic legend she was and in my perspective, will continue to always be. In honor of her passing, I'd like to declare that Quintanilla does not deserve to have merely one day of glory and recognition, but an entirely month.

I declare this to be Selena's month. I declare that this year will not only consist of honoring and remembering Selena on March 31, but every single day of this month. I declare the next few weeks to be a constant reminder of all of the wonderful things that made her unlike anyone else on this earth.

Selena radiated so much beauty both within herself and out into world, externally. And I think it's that time of the year again when we recall exactly how much grace, elegance, and appeal the Queen of Tejano music had. Here's to 16 things that made Selena Quintanilla such a beautiful soul.

1. Her vibrant smile.

2. Her tender heart.

3. Her cute Latin dance moves.

4. Her amazing songs that always made you feel happy, in love or generally sparked feelings of bliss.

5. Her humor.

6. The way she would always wear that signature red lipstick (making her even all the more beautiful).

7. The way her passion for music showcased whenever she was performing.

8. Her wonderful hair.

9. The way she would twirl on stage so gracefully.

10. Her desire to help and inspire others to follow their dreams.

11. Her diverse fashion style.

12. The way she would stop in the middle of a song and genuinely smile at her audience.

13. The way she was always happy.

14. Her gratitude when she always won an award.

15. The way she would never say "no" to signing her fans' autographs.

16. The way she unconditionally loved her family and friends.

Here's to the iconic legend that will always live in our hearts regardless of what day, month, or year it just so happens to be. The Queen: Selena Quintanilla.