14 Unique Lexington Dates That Will Keep Your Relationship Brand New

Sometimes your significant other and you can feel like you're in a rut and run out of new things to do, but these 15 dates will keep your relationship fun.

20
Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash

After dating someone for a while, coming up with new date nights can start to become difficult. Going out on dates shouldn't be a chore instead of something fun. It seems like the two of you start to do the same two things, and it may seem to get old after a while. Don't get me wrong, if you like someone and love to spend time with them, any time with that one special person is unique in its own way, but sometimes it's just nice to mix it up.

See a movie at the Kentucky Theater

@thekentuckytheater

Although I have never been to the Kentucky Theater myself, I would definitely love to go with my boyfriend on a cute movie date. This theater in downtown Lexington would be so much better than your average movie date night.

Head over to the distillery district and try a local beer

@lexdistillerydistrict

Get out of your comfort zone and try out a new, unique beer. Try all kinds and enjoy some appetizers with your S.O.

Go ax throwing

@battleaxesky

I’ve only been ax throwing once, and I must say, it was a lot more fun than I ever though it would be. Since there is ax throwing in the Distillery District in Lexington, end your date night with some Good Fellas pizza.

Go go-cart and have fun at the arcade in Malibu Jacks

@malibujackslexington

Truthfully, there is nothing I love more than a fun arcade outing. You and your S.O. are in for a treat at Malibu Jacks!

Get active and go for a jog at the Arboretum

Finances Uncomplicated

Something I keep telling my boyfriend I want to go do together is go for a run together. Although food always sounds like the better option, going for a jog in the arboretum is on our list of date ideas for the future!

Ditch all electronics and play a few board games

Photo by Bao Truong on Unsplash

My boyfriend and I are too competitive. If we started playing a board game or card game or any type of game, then we would be stuck there all day moving on to the next game just to try to beat each other.

Take a tour of a Lexington local distillery

@jamespepper

Learn something new and try out a tour of a local distillery. The Kentucky Castle has some fun tour options that you and your S.O. could go explore together!

Stay in and cook a new meal together

Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash

Try a new recipe you’ve been dying to test out.

Go out dancing

Photo by Mitchell Orr on Unsplash

This doesn’t mean go take dance lessons, but find a fun bar or club that has awesome music you both love to listen to. Enjoy the people watching and the music and have fun together!

Go to World of Beer's trivia nights on Monday

@woblexington

Split a big pretzel and beer cheese and wow the other people with your smarts!

Take a drive around the scenic areas of Lexington and eat lunch at Wallace Station

@wallacestationofficial

Wallace Station is one of those hidden gems of Lexington. It’s so beautiful in the fall or late spring which means it is perfect for a couples photo op.

Go get dinner and a movie at the Movie Tavern

@movietavern

Not your typical dinner and a movie, but still amazing.

Eat a pie from Missy's Pies for dinner

@missyspieslex

Who doesn’t love Missy’s Pies? Maybe get a pie for the both of you and share, and eat that for dinner instead!

Take a day trip to Bardstown, KY

@btownmainstreet

Bardstown, KY has a lot of unique, small town things for you two to do together.