15 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started College

Even if you think know it, you probably don't.

27

In light of being a first year college student, I decided that I needed to put a few things out there that I wish I had known before I started college.

1. Get into the habit of getting up earlier.

You'll feel a lot better, and Starbucks gets expensive after awhile. Plus, you won't have to worry about that caffeine crash that comes later on.

2. The first guy you catch feelings for probably isn't the one.

Just because he smiled at you that one time in Biology that doesn't mean that he is your happily ever after.

3. Don't skip class.

Not even once. It'll become a habit that isn't easy to break.

4. Join a club the first week.

Don't play catch up. You'll miss out on a lot of great opportunities.

5. Go to that tutor they told you about.

I'm serious. Your grades will thank you.

6. The first friend group you have may not be the one for you.

And, that is okay. There are many other people for you to meet and befriend.

7. Naps are okay.

You're going to need it, trust me.

8. Save up.

You'll thank yourself later. Money goes fast.

9. Leave your room at least once a day.

Daylight is a must to function. Grogginess makes for crappy work.

10. STUDY.

Even if you think you know it, you probably don't.

11. Get your own groceries.

Your stomach will thank you.

12. The "freshman 15" is real.

It sneaks up on you, too.

13. It's okay to switch roommates.

Sometimes people just don't click.

14. Get to know the people you sit by in class.

If you miss a class they'll be your saving grace.

15. Do not be afraid to ask for help.

There are many other people that are in the same boat as you. Take advantage of the resources around you.