15 Things Only Children Of Divorced Parents Understand

Life isn't so bad after all.

1304
I love newton

Growing up with divorced parents was not the easiest thing in the world, but there were some pretty sweet benefits that came with having divorced parents. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade, or, in this case, when life hands you divorced parents, milk it 'til you make it, my friends.

1. Two of every single holiday (CHA-CHING!)

2. When one parent says no, call the other parent (genius.)

3. Ask both parents for lunch money and pocket one of the parents' money (we ain’t dumb.)

4. Divorced parents mean two summer vacations, and guess what that means? Two times a year for picking up babes in Disney World.

5. When you got in trouble as a little kid, your parents may have hated one another’s guts, but they made quite the team when it came to punishing you.

6. Just because your parents were divorced, that doesn’t mean you were loved any less. In fact, we were probably loved even more.

7. Splitting everything while growing up was a pain in the butt. “I'll only pay half, have your mother pay the other half.”

8. Every other weekend was a pain, especially when you forgot something at the other parent’s house.

9. Having neighborhood friends in two different neighborhoods was pretty sweet. It taught you at a young age how to create and withstand long distance friendships/relationships.

10. Getting a stepparent isn’t like the movies. Sometimes, a stepparent can be an incredible addition to your life.

11. It might have been hard at times, but it taught you exactly what to look for in a relationship, so that your children won't have to experience divorced parents.

12. You developed a strong sense of independence at a young age, because at times, having divorced parents was very difficult, and being strong and independent was your only option.

13. You always had two separate support systems that would do absolutely anything for you.

14. Even though your parents were divorced, during hard times, they would still do absolutely anything for one another, because they were good people and they raised good kids.

15. Having divorced parents helped mold you into the person that you are today, and for that, you couldn’t be more grateful.

It’s true that at times, life was hard, and having divorced parents was awfully difficult. But although you were raised with divorced parents, you were still raised by two incredible parents who wanted the absolute best for you and would have done anything in this world to help you succeed. It’s all about how you handle the situations you are put in. If you go into a divorced family thinking it’s going to be awful, then it will be awful. But if you go into a divorced family being positive and understanding that there is a sense of normality to having divorced parents, then you will succeed.