15 Songs You Used To Sing About Your Middle School Crush

Because "Beautiful Soul" was obviously written about Jason from your math class.

5517
Google

Middle school: It was the best of times; it was the worst of times. Just kidding - it was basically the worst of times: braces, glittery eyeshadow and Hollister tee-shirts. Let’s be honest; middle school was sort of an awkward, low point in all our lives that we would like to pretend was nothing but a bad dream. Middle school was also the time of life where you probably developed your first crush. I’m not talking about the elementary school, oh he’s cute, kind of crush, I’m talking about the all-encompassing kind of crush where you would stay up late at night visualizing scenarios that would probably never happen. Sometimes, it seemed that only music could put into words the way your 13-year-old, adolescent heart felt. You would put lyrics from these songs as your away message on AIM in a desperate hope that your crush would see it since you couldn’t just subtweet them like middle schoolers do now. Here are 15 songs that you probably belted with your best friend, while thinking about whoever you were crushing on that week.

1. “Beautiful Soul” by Jesse McCartney

Your crush was so beautiful that it hurt.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “I don’t want my love to go to waste; I want you and your beautiful soul.”

2. “Girlfriend” by Avril Lavigne

For the unfortunate circumstance that your future significant other already had a girl, who obviously wasn’t as good as you.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “In a second, you’ll be wrapped around my finger. 'Cause I can, 'cause I can do it better.”

3. “Don’t Cha” by The Pussycat Dolls

This is another song for when another girl was with the man of your dreams.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “Don’t 'cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?”

4. “I Don’t Care” by Fall Out Boy

This was when you were feeling a little edgy.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “I don’t care what you think as long as it’s about me.”

5. “Irreplaceable” by Beyonce

You may not even be together, but your crush needs to know that if they did have you, you could have another one of them in a minute, despite the fact that you’re hopelessly pining over them with no other prospects in sight.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “So don’t you ever for a second get to thinking, you’re irreplaceable.”

6. “Hey There Delilah” by The Plain White T's

Oh, it’s what you do to me. They pretty much make your heart beat out of your chest and render you incapable of forming coherent sentences.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “Times Square can’t shine as bright as you, I swear it’s true.”

7. “Summer Love” by Justin Timberlake

This was for those long months when you couldn’t see your boo at school.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “I can’t wait to fall in love with you. You can’t wait to fall in love with me.”

8. “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol

Those three words are definitely not said enough to your crush, and if you were with them, this would not be a problem.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?”

9. “Here (In Your Arms)” by Hellogoodbye

Your lips could touch, and your cheeks could definitely brush. Here. There. Anywhere.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “I fell in love, in love with you suddenly. Now there’s no place I could be but here in your arms.”

10. “With You” by Chris Brown

You might be too scared to ask them to actually hang out, but you can always drop subtle hints.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “I need you boo, gotta see you boo.”

11. “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat

If they kissed your nose, you just might die.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “You give me feelings that I adore. They start in my toes, make me crinkle my nose.”

12. “See You Again” by Miley Cyrus

You probably belted this song out with your best friends and inserted your own names in place of “Miley.”

Lyric used as AIM away message: “I knew you were something special, when you spoke my name. Now, I can’t wait to see you again.”

13. “Burnin Up” by The Jonas Brothers

Your celeb crushes just got how you felt about your real life crush.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “Baby, who turned the temperature hotter? Cause I’m burnin up, burnin up for you baby.”

14. “Hot N' Cold” by Katy Perry

This was for your confusing crush, who just seemed to keep changing their mind.

Lyric used as AIM away message: “You change your mind like a girl changes clothes.”

15.“Fall for You” by Secondhand Serenade

Your ultimate fantasy was that this song would come on at your school dance, and your crush would come ask you to slow dance.

Lyrics used as AIM away message: “But hold your breath, because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you.”