15 Songs That Were Probably You And Your Middle School Crush's "Song"

Come on, we all had them.

811
Verily Magazine

Remember when having a "song" was a necessity in your middle school relationship? You'd fight over it for days because it couldn't just be any song-- it had to be THE song that epitomized your relationship. Let's face it, it wasn't a real relationship if you didn't have a song. I am absolutely addicted to the "Everything 2000's" playlist on Spotify. Nothing makes me laugh harder than when I am on the treadmill and the song the defined by middle school relationship comes on. It makes me wonder why it was so important to have one, but it sure makes me remember the good ole days. Here's a few songs that were likely you and your middle school crush's song:

1. "With You" by Chris Brown

This song was probably the song that played when you and your middle school crush had your first dance.

2. "Love Story" Taylor Swift

This was the anthem of middle school relationships...even though we had no idea what love was.

3. "Beautiful Soul" by Jesse McCartney

I think this song was chosen because not only did you have a crush on your middle school boyfriend, but you also secretly (or obviously) wished Jesse McCartney was your boyfriend.

4. "Thunder" by Boys like Girls

You probably swore you'd always be each other's thunder...and then your summer romance ended. LOL.

5. "You and Me" by Lifehouse

"Cause it's you and me..." *cue the ugly cries*

6. "Best I Ever Had" by Drake

For those of us who weren't into slow songs.

7. "Crazy in Love" by Beyoncé

This one goes out to all the girls who told their crushes they loved them at the school dance.

8. "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton

I used to play this song on the piano-- or try to-- whilst dreaming of my crush.

9. "Yellow" by Coldplay

This song probably made you cry thinking of your crush.

10. "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis

Shout out to my middle school crush, this one's for you!

11. "Your Body is A Wonderland" by John Mayer

This song was probably your song, even though you and your crush had absolutely no idea what it actually meant.

12. "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt

Shout out to the boys who sang this to their crush in hopes they'd love them back...A+ for you.

13. "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's

For those who thought long distance meant a 15-minute drive.

14. "Bubbly" by Colbie Calliat

How you probably told your crush you were into them.

15. "U Got It Bad" by Usher

For all the nights you were on the phone, you'd hang up and you'd call right back.