1. TMI is the name of the game.
There are books with all of those organs and naked people on them. Plus those chapters on tips about how to do procedures, WITH PICTURES! You can't make them stop, they're literally flooding your home.
2. Their on-call schedule dictates your comings and goings.
In other words, choose your trips with them wisely. One false move could land you on the doctor's changing rooms for hours while they operate.
3. The hospital is your favorite playground, just act like you know what you're doing when the OR's chief walks by you.
4. You have an endless supply of pajamas.
I mean, scrubs.
5. Nurses and doctors know every single detail about your life.
When I say every single detail, I mean about that one time you got a bit too drunk and stumbled. I swear, sometimes having an open patient before them is just not as interesting as what we did last Saturday.
6. In their eyes, you're not sick until you need a surgeon.
7. You have probably heard the nastiest and most exciting stories from them.
You know, like that one time they had to crack some ribs and pump a heart manually.
8. You know your parent's friends by their last names.
They're too cool to call themselves by their first names, no matter where they are. Dorks.
9. Your friends ask you about the weirdest things.
"No, I don't know what that is. And no, I won't schedule an appointment for you."
10. Our medicine cabinet looks like a damn pharmacy.
Why can't we own nice and simple things like Tylenol, instead of those weird pills the size of grenades?
11. More often than not, OR scrub nurses answer the phone for your parent.
"No, honey, your mom has her hands a bit... emm... occupied at the moment."
12. You rely heavily on their medical advice for all your needs.
It doesn't matter if your parent is an OBGYN, you strongly believe they have the answer for all your knee issues.
13. Friends and family members ask about the most excruciatingly detailed medical issues.
"Tell your mom exactly what I just told you, I'm sure she'll understand."
14. You are never afraid to brag about your parent.
15. Because, in your eyes, your parent is basically a superhero.
Instead of a cape and powers, they wield a stethoscope and a scalpel. And that's still pretty awesome.