15 Signs It's Almost the End of the Semester

Stressed college students unite!

299

Thanksgiving is over? What? Where did the time go? Well, it has officially begun, my friends…… The dreaded end-of-semester crunch. Every college student will experience this unique form of stress, so it’s time to drown our sorrows with leftover turkey sandwiches and cold slices of pumpkin pie. Everyone could use a little pick-me-up before going to battle, so here are 15 pictures that sum up how we’re all feeling right now…..

1. The whole cycle pretty much begins right here. The mountain of work we have to accomplish is slowly creeping into the forefront of our minds, but we’re still way too calm to be in “official” panic mode. I hear you, Charlie Brown.

2. Ahhh, yes. The ultimate trap. Don’t tell me you’ve never done this, because we ALL have. It’s the last attempt to try to squeeze another day of freedom (or four) out of the semester. That growing pile of homework? Oh, don’t you worry, we’ll get to it. Probably tomorrow…

3. Then there’s this little beauty. Our lives are hard enough without messing up our internal clocks. Shorter days, longer nights, and the elements are literally against us. Now what?

4. Cause and effect, people. Stress + daylight savings time + too much homework= severe lack of sleep. The stress keeps us awake, but the time change makes us tired, and yet the sheer size of our to-do lists forces us to prop our eyelids open. It is certainly a vicious, unforgiving cycle……

5. So, when we actually do get to hide in the sweet embrace of sleep, morning seems a million times more difficult. I am not a coffee person, but for the many of you who are, you’re going to be relying on that beverage very heavily in the coming weeks…

6. Being sleep-deprived makes everybody cranky, so the loads of papers and projects that have to be finished seems bigger than they are in reality. Anyway, we have now officially entered “PANIC MODE,” as Princess Mia demonstrates for us……

7. Then, we all try to cut corners, uh, I mean….. economize. If we can still get a good grade with less stress involved, then so be it.

8. Comfort food. There is a reason they call it “comfort food.” That’s all I’m gonna say.

9. It’s the small victories in life that keep us sane. Whether it’s actually waking up on time, or bringing the right textbook to class, these little moments of normalcy are what get us through to the end.

10. Then, the real struggle begins. And as we all know, “studying” has the word “dying” in it. We who are about to die, salute you.

11. Yeah, now it’s just pure exhaustion. We feel borderline delusional and the days are running together. Is today Wednesday or Saturday?

12. Come on folks, we can get through this. Who cares about physical appearance, and unbalanced diet, and lots of sleep loss? Our whole future is riding on a positive outcome to this semester (just like every semester)! No pressure, by the way….

13. Yup, back to the tried and true method of procrastination. But we’ve got to hang in there! We’re almost done!!! Focus, focus, focus!!!!!!!!

14. Go, go, go! Finish that darned essay question and ace that test! We can do it! Of course, there’s always the issue of whether the professor can actually read your handwriting at the end of an exam……

15. Yes! We did it! We survived yet another semester of college and lived to tell the tale. Don’t ask us to do anything over Christmas break, because it’s not going to happen. Now it’s time for a freer schedule and less work! Go forth and enjoy my fellow students!!!!