15 Things To Remember For A Brighter Year As We Head Into A New One

Because life is too short for regret
83

I'm a firm believer in the saying "life is too short." We are never guaranteed tomorrow so we shouldn't live in hesitation to say or do things.

Go out, live your life and say what you've always wanted to say. Be smart, be kind and have fun. We only get one life. The beginning of a completely new year is approaching fast. Here are 15 things that everyone should remember as we take on the new year.

1. Have Faith

Simple, yet complex. It will get better, I promise.

2. Eat it

Life is so short, and I promise one cookie won't kill you.

3. You don't owe anyone an explanation

Your reasons for doing something are your own. If you want to explain why you did what you did then you can, but just remember that you don’t always have to. Unless it's your parents because in that case, sorry, I can't help you. I mean, they did give you life.

4. Always smile

Someone’s always watching whether you know it or not, and your smile could help them. Your presence could be the biggest blessing.

5. Be kind

You never know what people are going through.

6. Listen to good music

I’m someone who speaks through the music I listen to. If I’m going through something my music will most likely match my mood, which I’ve found helps a LOT.

7. Do one good deed a day (or more)

Go volunteer, pick up a book that someone dropped, open that door for the mailman struggling to get inside. It's good for the soul.

8. Do your schoolwork

School matters a lot more than you might think, whether you’re in high school or in college. It’ll matter for where you end up choosing to continue your career.

9. Roll down your windows

Something about being in the wind has always made me feel really refreshed and excited.

10. Be spontaneous

Want to climb a mountain? Go do it. Want to buy a fish? Go get it. Like I said, life's too short.

11. Be intentional with the people you encounter

Get to know a little bit about someone new each day.

12. Say yes

Unless it’s something dangerous. Have fun, but don’t be dumb.

13. NEVER stop being you

There are going to be people that hate and make fun of the way that you are, but never think any less of yourself. You were made the way you are for a reason.

14. Confidence is key

I didn’t realize how powerful the phrase “fake it till you make it” was up until recently. Whether you feel confident or not, fake it, because eventually, you’ll find beauty in what you originally couldn’t.

15. Pray

This is one that I struggle with daily but have come to realize is completely necessary. Whether it’s just talking to God about your day or asking for Him to help remove a burden, He always wants to listen to you.