15 Reasons Why We All Love Misha Collins

Seriously, he's the best.

5317
wallpapersdsc.net

If you know who Misha Collins is, odds are you love him because honestly, who doesn't?! For those of you who already know who he is, here's a reminder why he's amazing, and for those of you who don't know who he is, here's why you should.

1) He grew up in poverty

Despite growing up in poverty and later becoming a famous actor, Misha remained humble and never forgets where he came from, which is unlike most other celebrities. He understands what it's like to be homeless and without sufficient means. Many doors opened for him once he obtained his BA in Social Theory at the University of Chicago.

2) He has self-harmed

I'm not saying that self-harm is a good thing. It's the fact that Misha has self-harmed and overcome it that makes him both relatable and an inspiration for many of his fans who do self-harm. He doesn't negatively judge people who do it because he did it himself, but he doesn't encourage it. He constantly reminds his fans of their worth and why self-harm isn't the answer.

3) He is a great father

Whether he's making a Facebook video or speaking at a convention, Misha often includes and talks about his two children, West and Maison. On Misha's YouTube channel, the majority of his videos star him and his children cooking meals together. Misha allows West and Maison the freedom to pick out what they want at the grocery store and cook it whichever way they want, under his supervision, of course! If you ever need a laugh, you should definitely check them out.

4) Him and his wife are #goals

Misha and Vicki are high school sweethearts. During a Supernatural convention, Misha told the audience that he used to write her poetry to try and impress her. Misha and Vicki are an oddly weird couple, and that's honestly what makes them so perfect. They also support each other in their individual endeavors, and they make a kick-ass parenting team!

5) He's a published poet

Misha's snapchats are dedicated to reciting some of his favorite poems, but many people don't know that he himself is a published poet! His titles include "Old Bones," "Baby Pants," and "June Second." Google them and check them out!

6) He's a political activist

Misha has always involved himself with politics. When he was in his early twenties, he actually interned at the White House during the Clinton Administration. Misha has said that he thought politics would be the way for him to initiate change, but he realized he could have a much bigger impact and be much happier as an actor. During this past election, Misha's encouraged people to register to vote, got an inside look at a Trump rally, and campaigned for Hillary Clinton. Today, Misha still tweets his political opinions and takes action as an activist. Regardless of your own political affiliation, it's refreshing to see celebrities getting involved with things that truly matter.

7) He's a master carpenter

When he was younger, Misha worked as a carpenter in New England. Today, woodworking is one of his favorite hobbies. He built most of the furniture in his house!

8) He stays active

Misha runs... a lot. He participates in marathons and just runs for fun. Even during convention weekends, fans will often see him running around the area in the morning before a panel. He often brings us fans along to via live Facebook videos. It's like you're running with him without the effort!

9) He's a feminist

I realize this is a political photo, but the message is still the same. Misha is what a feminist looks like!

10) He supports gay rights

As an egalitarian, Misha supports gay rights. His support has been shown through his photo-ops and meet-and-greets with fans, Facebook posts celebrating the LGBT community and its accomplishments and changing his Twitter profile picture to the rainbow flag.

11) He's a HUGE philanthropist

Misha is the founder of Random Acts, which is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to changing the world for the better through one random act of kindness at a time no matter how big or small. Through his charity work, Misha and his organization has built a school in Nicaragua, raised money for the homeless, sponsored clothing and food drives, and so on. The Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen (GISHWHES) is also one of his charity programs that happens annually and is a whole lot of fun! GISHWHES has broken seven World Records and counting!

12) He knits

Come on, who doesn't love a guy who knits?!

13) He's a little weird...

Whether he's talking about his unhealthy relationship with kale, renewing his wedding vows in drag or wearing a waitress outfit while running a marathon, you can always expect Misha to be a little weird, but that's not a bad thing! Misha embraces his weirdness and says, "I want to live in a world where 'normal' is an insult." You and me both!

14) He's HILARIOUS

This GIF doesn't do Misha's comedic gifts nearly enough justice. He's obviously a goofball, but he's also incredibly sarcastic and has this way about him that just makes you laugh. Sometimes, it's hard to tell whether or not he's being serious or if he's just messing around, and that's what makes him so funny.

15) And lastly because he's a phenomenal actor

Misha stole our hearts as Castiel on the CW's hit television series Supernatural. Castiel is arguably the most dynamic character of the show, and we can see all of the changes he has gone through because of how flawlessly Misha portrays him. I don't know about you, but I'm glad he chose acting over politics!

That's all, folks!