15 Reasons Why I Love My Big Brother

15 Reasons Why I Love My Big Brother

You're the real MVP.

7398
15 Reasons Why I Love My Big Brother
Nellie McDaniel

To my brother,

You're one of the best people in my life and I'm so thankful for you. You have been in my life since day one *obviously*. Having you as a big brother is amazing and I wouldn't trade you for any other. I thought I would tell you some of the many reasons I love you.

1. If someone hurts me, you're ready to kick some ass.

You see me cry? Someone's getting hurt or we will sit there for hours making fun of them together. No one hurts your little sister!

2. You taught me how a guy should treat a girl.

How you treat me and how you treat your amazing girlfriend shows me what I need to look for in a man. You have some of the best qualities that anyone could look for in a brother, friend, boyfriend, son, etc. I know if someone doesn't treat me the way you've taught me I should be treated, they need to immediately leave my life. It's not ironic that my boyfriend has the same amazing qualities as you...

3. We are always partners in crime.

Whether it's sneaking out of the house to make a late night run for food or simply doing things we aren't supposed to and getting in trouble by mom and dad, we are always together for it. Sometimes, you've even taken the blame for me and I owe you there.

4. We are interested in the same things.

You love dogs, I love dogs. You love going to Disney, I love going to Disney. You love dumb jokes, I love dumb jokes. WE ARE THE SAME PERSON.

5. I will always know I can cry on your shoulders.

Whenever I need to vent and cry, I'll always text you or come over. We've been through the worst of the worst together and I know if I lose it, you're there to catch me and cheer me up.

6. You usually side with me in fights with mom and dad.

If I get mad at mom or dad and I tell you why you will always take my side. "What the hell, that's the dumbest reason to ground you." LIKE DUDE, I KNOW.

7. No matter how many times we fight, we can always get through it.

I remember when I would say I hated you, break your mirrors, do something and blame it on you, or tell you to shut up and every time you would tell me to get over myself and stop. We have gotten through what I think are some pretty serious fights and we've gotten through every single one. We can get through anything together.

8. You always let me hang out with you and your friends.

From when I was younger and even now, you always invite me to hang out with you and your friends which from what I understand, is not normal for a big brother to do. So thanks for that.

9. You gave me the best taste in music.

Growing up my entire life with you, you've introduced me to some of the best music genres out there. I completely believe my great taste in music is because of you.

10. Sometimes you make me realize what I'm doing isn't always the best choice.

I don't always make the best decisions, I'm not perfect. Sometimes I overreact and get upset fairly easily and that's my biggest flaw. You have no problem telling me to quit and to be straight up with me when I'm doing something stupid.

11. You encourage me.

Whether it's cheering me on at my sporting events or telling me to go off to college and get my degree, you're one of my number one supporters. You continue to push me to do my best and also to have fun.

12. I can always escape to your room/house when I need a break.

I can text you asking to come over or, quite honestly just walk into your house/room and it's fine. You're the real MVP.

13. We have the best car jam sessions.

With our similar taste in music and our love for singing, we have the best car jam session. You're insane subs help a lot, too.

14. Late night runs for ice cream and fast food is our specialty.

Even though we've gotten caught by mom leaving at 2 am to get McDonalds and have gotten in trouble, I still enjoy our late night runs for food. I'm just glad you buy sometimes.

15. You're the funniest person I've ever met.

Your sense of humor kills me, it's honestly one of a kind. Even though I try to be as funny as you and I never will be. Your sense of humor is one of the many things that makes you an amazing brother.

Thanks for loving me and putting up with me.

Love, your little sister.