15 Reasons Why a Best Friend is a Necessity in Life

You life will never be the same without them.

24
Michaela Hoeger

Throughout our lives, people come and go at various times. Some only stay a few minutes, while others stay for years on end. Those we meet always have the potential to greatly impact our lives - in both positive and negative ways. In all of those people, we tend to find at least one person that seems to connect with us on some sort of a deeper level. If we are lucky, this person could become our life long friend. I am so glad to say I, personally, have a very solid (and a little crazy) group of life-long friends that I would be lost completely lost without!

Here are 15 reasons why life long friends are a necessity:

1. They know everything about you.

If you have a best friend, chances are you have been friends for a while. That in turn, makes it pretty likely they know everything about you. You have experienced so many things together, good, bad, everything. This all has made you both a lot closer to each other.

2. There are no secrets between you.

Because they know everything, you know you can trust them. You do not have to worry about keeping anything from them because you know they are not going to judge you for it. They may judge the situation, but not you. They are not going to be afraid to tell you how it is while keeping in mind what is best for you. They would never intentionally put you in harm's way. That should give you the reassurance you need to trust them.

3. You have too many nicknames and insides jokes to count!

Whether you are texting each other, talking face-to-face, or video chatting, you are always bound to run into some interesting topics, and with that, comes the inside jokes and nicknames. Personally, my friends and I have so many nicknames and inside jokes, I am not sure how I even keep up with them! I love it though because they can come up anywhere, which makes everything more enjoyable!

4. You always have a ranting buddy to turn to.

Because sometimes you just need someone to listen while you are letting things out.

5. You can share obsessions together.

Whether you are both fangirling over different things like One Tree Hill and SVU, or obsessing over Cameron Dallas together, you never have to worry about staying silent when it comes to your favorites. Besides, how else are they going to know what to look for when shopping for presents?

6. You feel safe and comfortable when you are around them.

Even when you think the rest of the world is out to get you, you know you will always have someplace to go for reassurance that everything is going to be alright.

7. You look up (or down) to them as role models.

No matter their size, you always look at them as role models. There are certain things you love about them, and you always strive each and everyday to be more like that.

8. You can always count on them to be a lunch date.

Whether something is going on or you just want someone to chat while to eat, you know they will always be the first one you call. It gives you a chance to be away from your normal "hang-out" surroundings and lets you explore something new while being in good company!

9. They know your all of your pet peeves...and are reminded of them all the time.

Once they know what those are, you know they will use them against you to poke fun at you! *Cough* Feet *Cough* But, they also know when to back down if they start getting out of control.

10. You always have someone to go out and have a 'Friend Day' with.

Because sometimes you just need to go out with your friends and get your mind off of everything else.

11. They inspire you to do great things.

I am fortunate enough to have some pretty amazing friends - although I might be a little biased.They definitely inspire me to do great things. Whether it is helping kids in the hospital, helping at an animal rescue, helping out at school functions, or just being a genuine good person, it is so inspiring to see what they are capable of. And this does not just go for my friends. It goes for anyone. Best friends should be people who build not only you up, but others as well. They should inspire you to help make this world a better place to live in.

12. You can always share your most random thoughts with them.

As I mentioned before, conversations with your best friends can get pretty crazy sometimes. You never know when a random thought is going to pop into you head, but having a best friend means having someone to share those random thoughts with, no matter how strange they may be!

13. There is never a dull moment when you are around each other.

I think this picture is proof of that! There is always laughter coming from a room full of friends.

14. You have made memories to last a life time.

No matter what happens in life, you know you will always have memories that you can look back on for the rest of your life.

15. You found your soul mate.

Because everyone deserves someone.