15 Motivational Quotes For Aspiring Writers

Whatever you do, do not give up.

1924
Allison Augustyn

Writing is difficult. It might be easier for some people, but we all have those moments where we doubt our writing skills. Maybe you feel stuck and feel like you should just give up. Perhaps you think that because there are so many other writers--”greater” writers--out in the world that you have no chance of succeeding as a writer. Well, here is a list of quotes to motivate you to push forward:

To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.”

~ Allen Ginsberg

There are no laws for the novel. There never have been, nor can there ever be.”

~ Doris Lessing

When I want to read a novel, I write one.”

~ Benjamin Disraeli

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.”

~ William Wordsworth

A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.”

~ Richard Bach

Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose…not the one you began with perhaps, but one you’ll be glad to remember.”

~ Anne Sullivan Macy

Don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.”

~ Pearl S. Buck

Inspiration is a guest that does not willingly visit the lazy.”

~ Pyotr Tchaikovsky

First, find out what your hero wants. Then just follow him.”

~ Ray Bradbury

Close the door. Write with no one looking over your shoulder. Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and only thing you have to offer.”

~ Barbara Kingsolver

You can’t think yourself out of a writing block; you have to write yourself out of a thinking block.”

~ John Rogers

Failure? I never encountered it. All I ever met were temporary setbacks.”

~ Dottie Walters

Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”

~ Louis L’amour

A writer is someone for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.”

~ Thomas Mann

You fail only if you stop writing.”

~ Ray Bradbury

Do not give in to your insecurities or difficulties with writing. You can overcome them with one simple step: keep writing. Do not give up on your endeavors to improve your work or become published. You should be proud of what you are able to do as a writer and never give up on your dreams.

For more inspiration quotes for writers, visit the articles: "The 20 Most Inspirational Writing Quotes," and "Inspirational Writing Quotes from Famous Authors."