The 15 Most Popular Halloween Costumes This Year

414

1. Goth

This is one of the easiest costumes for any girl, as they can just purchase black lipstick and a fake nose ring for the evening. By replacing the average going out clothes with all-black attire, anyone is instantly transformed into a hot goth.

2. Sexy skeleton

This was an unusually popular costume this year and it seemed like there were more skeletons than ever. Putting on a skeleton outfit and adding some type of impressive bone-like makeup makes for a pretty good costume.

3. Vampire

As a classic girl go-to, there was (of course) a plethora of vampires this year. Any girl loves wearing some kind of sexy outfit, complete with vampire fangs and fake blood

4. Sandy and Danny

As one of the most popular couple outfits of all time, naturally, Sandy's and Danny's did not disappoint this Halloween. Any couple looking to wear all black and hoping to embrace their inner 80's--this costume is for you.

5. Cave people

Something about being ancient characters for Halloween is weirdly fun, and also very popular among all girls. This outfit is a crowd favorite and seems popular every single year.

6. "Sexy and bloody"

It seemed like this year more than ever, girls would dress up as anything that was in someway "bloody". Bloody doll, bloody zombie, bloody cheerleader, bloody anything girl... the list goes on and on.

7. Nerds

Any type of plaid skirt, colored shirt, high socks and "taped glasses" somehow makes any girl "nerdy" for the night. Although most of the smart people I've ever seen actually dress quite, well... normal, this costume still makes a return every year.

8. Cat woman (or anything encompassing cats)

Halle Berry Catwoman, Anne Hathoway Catwoman, sexy girl with cat ears... these costumes are stereotypically very "hot", and so every year they are brought back among girls.

9. Angels and devils

In true Halloween spirit, girls love to dress up like an angel or devil (sometimes to match their best friend personalities, sometimes in irony). This costume is common every year because it's easy, and fun to do it a pair.

10. Miley Cyrus

Although this costume has risen to popularity over the last few years, it proves to be well-loved among all girls. Sporting two buns on top of your head and some kind of ridiculous miley-inspired outfit seems to be a favorite with the female crowd.

11. Serena and Blaire

Any best friend (preferably blonde and brunette) duo LOVES to embrace their inner S and B. And, the costumes never fail to disappoint... somewhere on the pictures posted, there WILL be "xoxo, Gossip Girl."

12. Convicts

In light of the popular new Netflix series "Orange is the New Black", girls used Halloween as an opportunity to dress up as their favorite characters from the show. Or, those who weren't fans of the show just seemed to dress up in some kind of convict (typically orange, khaki or stripped) outfit.

13. Homeless people

Despite some of the backlash this costume has recently stirred up, there were still just as many "Will work for booze" (or some kind of cardboard message) costumes this year.

14. Deer

For guys and girls alike, this costume seemed to be more popular than ever this year. Following the idea of "Hunt or be hunted", it is a commendable costume because the makeup seems so challenging.

15. Gangsters (or thugs)

Girls love any opportunity to dress "edgier" than their average attire, and no better way to do that than to be a thug--complete with cornrows, chains, and fake sleeves. "No Ragrets".