14 Kesha Songs To Listen To Before The 'Rainbow' Release

She's come a long way from $ to S.

49
DirectlyLyrics.com

In preparation for the highly anticipated album "Rainbow," I've compiled a list of 15 Kesha songs you need to listen to to get you hyped before the album release on August 11.

Kesha has been through a lot since her album "Warrior" dropped more than five years ago, including a major lawsuit with Dr. Luke, aka Lukasz Gottwald. Kesha claimed Dr. Luke sexually and verbally abused her. He then responded to the allegations by filing a counterlawsuit which claimed that Kesha was trying to defame him to get out of a multi-album contract.

Kesha dropped her lawsuit in 2016, but Dr. Luke's is set for trial next year, and until then, Kesha is obligated to record three more albums under the Dr. Luke and Sony label, Kemosabe.

So let's get ready for "Rainbow."

1. TiK ToK

The party anthem of all party anthems. The party don't start until "Tik Tok" gets played. Kesha's chart topping hit from her first album "Animal" released in 2010 and introduced us to the next greatest, glitter-wearing pop sensation.

2. Your Love Is My Drug

Remember how we felt about our teenage crushes? We've all been there, and Kesha encompasses those feelings in "Your Love Is My Drug" from the album "Animal." That one boy or girl that took all our attention, fogged our minds and made us feel like we were on a whole other level when they were around.

3. We R Who We R

"We R Who We R" was the breakout hit from Kesha's EP, "Cannibal," and this song was my jam for more than a year. Take pride in who you are, she preached. Kesha has never been one to care about what people thought about her.

4. Hungover

Heartbreak sucks. There's no avoiding it. Does it really surprise me that Kesha used a metaphorical hangover to describe how to feel after a break-up? No. Is it freaking genius and absolutely accurate? Yes.

5. Animal

To me, this song is about living in the moment and the fact nothing lasts forever. Take advantage of every opportunity and relationship because you never know what's going to happen next. This is also the title track to her first album and fans easily dubbed themselves as "Animals" to say that they are wild and fierce much like the artist.

6. Blow

Get crazy, have fun, do what you want. Party on, my friends.

7. Crazy Beautiful Life

Whether it's a good night or bad night, just have fun and live your life. Never let the past bother you, fall in love and live in the present.... I really need to remember this more often.

8. The Harold Song

From the EP "Cannibal," this song hits home for everyone who misses a past or lost love. Everything from the way she misses his soft sheet and scratchy beard, to memories and insignificant moments in a relationship, a beautiful time. It's also the song I play when people say Kesha can't actually sing.

9. Warrior

Never let anyone get you down. Fight for what you want because you are strong enough. You are a warrior and our generation can make a difference in this world.

10. Thinking Of You

I'd hate to be the person she wrote this song about. "Thinking of You" is the perfect get-back-at-your-ex song. Not only does it have an upbeat and fun sound, but it really shows that guys that Kesha isn't f***ing around, she's better off without you.

11. Crazy Kids

What do you know? Another party song about being who you are, not giving a f*** and having fun.

12. Last Goodbye

You know that love that came unexpectedly that you never thought it would end, but then your lives take different directions? I'm not crying, you're crying.

13. Woman

A sneak peek at from the new album "Rainbow," Kesha reminds us that she's a "mother f***ing woman." The female empowerment pop anthem reminds us how important working hard for ourselves and independence is. Also, all men just need to leave Kesha alone.

14. Praying

Also from the new album "Rainbow," Kesha sets the tone for her new album by discussing the hardships she's been through over the past years. The power ballad lets us know that her album is going to be nothing short short of emotional and moving.

And for those who cannot wait, Kesha has promised to bless us 14 brand new songs on the album "Rainbow." According to a press release, they are:

1. "Bastards"

2. "Let 'Em Talk" (feat. Eagles of Death Metal)

3. "Woman" (feat. The Dap-Kings Horns)

4. "Hymn"

5. "Praying"

6. "Learn to Let Go"

7. "Finding You"

8. "Rainbow"

9. "Hunt You Down"

10. "Boogie Feet" (feat. Eagles of Death Metal)

11. "Boots"

12. "Old Flames (Can't Hold a Candle to You)" [feat. Dolly Parton]

13. "Godzilla"

14. "Spaceship"

So get excited Animals, because the pop sensation is back!