15 Iconic Quotes From 'Schitt’s Creek' That Will Always Make You Laugh

During these difficult times, we could use a little humor.

2300

"Schitt's Creek is no doubt one of one of the funniest comedies on television and really enjoyed having the chance to watch all six seasons on Netflix. The cast is entertaining, talented, and has great chemistry. This is a comedy that does the opposite of what you would normally see in a family sitcom, but still makes it work. Like other T.V comedies that managed to have an emotional impact on audiences, it was sad to watching this one come to an end. Here are 15 of the funniest and relatable quotes from the Rose family that will brighten your day.

1. I'm trying very hard not to connect with people right now" - David

The pandemic changed the way that we communicate. However, there is no problem with taking a few days to work on your mindset. Read an informative or entertaining book, exercising, learn a new skill, or watch your favorite series on Netflix. Sometimes it's for the best to just forget about everything else for a while and focus on improving ourselves.

2. "You strike me as the sort of person that had a hard time in high school" - Jocelyn

People are not always like they appear. It is important to get to know someone before making judgement. High School is a crazy time for everyone. Online learning made getting an education more difficult, but students learned to adapt.

3. "I'm incapable of faking sincerity" - Stevie

It can be impossible to act like you're sincere, especially around people that will not do the same. Being honest can still hurt the feelings of others. When someone can avoid being deceitful, it can make a bad situation less painful. Depending on what is going on, pretending to be genuine is the best thing to do if you can.

4. "You're not the only one with an online presence" - Johnny

When you have multiple social media accounts that you want to show off, this is what you might say. If you want to announce your new startup to friends, challenge another competitor or impress someone, then talking promoting your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat is the way to go. Being online is great for business, can help you connect with friends, and keep you entertained. Be careful though because social media has both pros and cons.

5. I'm gonna need a stiff drink to get through this. Stiff! - David

Being in quarantine away from friends and relatives is challenging. Students and older adults know the struggle of working from home, taking care of kids or balancing school and life during a pandemic. During holidays or the weekend is when you will usually have a drink to celebrate something you accomplished or get through a bad day.

6. "Gossip is the devil's telephone. Best to just hang up." - Moira

Making up stories about someone else for your own amusement is wrong. Most of the time people would gossip to make themselves feel superior. It is best to not share gossip. Ignore the haters and give off positive vibes.

7. "I have never heard someone say so many wrong things, one after the other, consecutively,  in a row." - David

When having a conversation with someone it is possible that they said something that's not accurate or statement you disagree with. Either way, you might try pointing it out. The person that made the mistake will make an apology or attempt to defend their claims. There is no need to make a big deal though, because we all make errors.

8. "I miss being surrounded by loose acquaintances who think I'm funny and smart and charming." - Alexis

We all have friends that you enjoy talking with, especially the ones that compliment your personality and talents. These are the ones you would consider your best friends. Make sure that their characteristics match you're though. You would not want to have friends that turn out to be toxic.

9. "I would hardly call myself an expert on this subject, and by subject, I mean genuine human emotion, so I am just going to tell you what I know." - David

There's nothing wrong with admitting if you have problems connecting with other people. It can be challenging understanding how someone is feeling. Use the experience or knowledge that you learned to identify what is wrong and try to help them. Doing something nice for a friend or co-worker will improve your communication skills and raise your spirits.

10. "The internet is a breeding ground for freaks." - David

For those that have social media accounts, you will know how crazy it gets. Facebook and Twitter are the most popular, along with Instagram and Snapchat. The things users post can be defined as mind-blowing. While it's also used for business, people go on social media for entertainment, and it certainly delivers.

11. "But people love extreme vanity...and they love puppies!" - Alexis

This is a somewhat accurate statement because while narcissism is not a common trait, puppies are loved by everyone. For those that do act vain, they might not appreciate if you point it out, but it's okay to address if they are getting annoying. As for puppies, ask them about if they have any. To make Zoom calls more fun, you can feature your pets.

12. "I plan on popping a pill, crying a bit, and falling asleep early." - David

This would be the response for someone that is just had a breakup, struggled the first day of their college Zoom class or were cheering for the Kansas City Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. All of these situations are painful. It's important to take a deep breath, read a book or try meditating to get your mind off whatever made you upset. Everything will be okay.

13. "If airplane safety videos have taught me anything, David, it's that a mother put her own mask on first." - Moira 

Here's a little humor for the moms that are dealing with the challenges of raising kids during the pandemic while adapting to online learning. Obviously, mothers will put their children first and keep them safe. At the same time, kids might not understand the seriousness of the pandemic and you will have to explain why things are different. Reassure them that everyone will get through this.

14. "The idea of me life coaching another human should scare you...a lot." - David

When you are put in charge of leading a group for the first time, it's okay to feel nervous. There is nothing to be ashamed of. By using your communication skills and getting to know more about others, you can become a respected leader. Do not admit when you do not know what you're doing since it's best to increase your knowledge a little more each day.

15. "I am suddenly overwhelmed with regret. It's a new feeling for me, and I don't find it at all pleasurable." - Moira

We all experience regret at some point in life. Even though the decisions we make can be challenging and uncomfortable, try to remember the good things that happen from making the right choices. Attending a good college, getting the job you want, and doing some nice for another person are some examples. In the end, the only things we should regret is not taking a risk in life.