We all have that one show: the show that has changed your life, made you laugh/cry harder than any other show in the world, the show that you can watch any day of the week and it'll still be the greatest show of all time, and the show that also happens to be the one show no one else you know watches. Sure, you'll find one or two people who share your interests, and you can find three Buzzfeed articles to read about them whenever you get bored, but it's not the same. So here are the 15 worst things about watching and loving a show no one else watches as told by my unwatched shows Gavin & Stacey and Sense8. (all image credits belong to Gavin & Stacey and Sense8 Gifs )
1. No one gets your refrences.
2. The plot of your show sounds like an Introductory to Swahili course in North Dakota to everyone who isn't you.
3. You get extremely defensive of your show whenever anyone insults it.
4. People tell you to calm down because"it can't be that good if I've never heard of it".
5. You literally cannot stop laughing at jokes that make no sense to anyone else.
6. Your OTPs can never be found on Tumblr because no one watches your show even though they are the best couples to ever exist.
7. The characters themselves are iconic and the world does not appreciate their majesty.
8. When you tell your friend how alike they are to a character, you end up sounding weird because the only references they can find to those characters are gifs like below:
9. Your favorite characters give great advice, and no one else can hear it.
(For real, this is the woman who plays Old Nan in Game of Thrones and she was a comedy legend).
10. Sometimes, you feel like you're going to explode with how much you love your unloved show
11. Since you're usually alone when you watch it, you may lose touch with the real world for a little bit.
12. Every new season is like Christmas even though it seems like you're the only one celebrating.
13. If you use terms from the show, people will think you're speaking a foreign language.
14. When you meet someone who watches your show, it's the best feeling in the world.
15. But besides that person, let's be real, this is exactly how you feel about everyone else: