15 "Hamilton" Quotes To Keep You Working Hard

"Can I be real a second for just a millisecond?"
5110

If you have yet to listen to the king of Broadway's magical music from "Hamilton," let me do you a solid and give you a few reasons why you should. This hip-hop opera is well worth the purchase on iTunes, but it also available for streaming on Spotify.

The show follows the life and trying times of a Founding Father, Alexander Hamilton, before, during and after the Revolutionary War. The casting of the show is quite progressive as well. The Founding Fathers, war heroes, and icons of this time period in America are all played by actors of color. If that isn't enough awesome for you (which I really hope it is and this is just icing on the awesome cake), the lyrics are incredibly inspirational. Some are insanely deep, some make you cry, some make you laugh, all of them give you goosebumps. Here are just a few quotes from the characters in the musical to keep you working hard:

1. "There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait" - Alexander Hamilton.

Work hard and show the world what you can do.

2. "History has its eyes on you." - George Washington.

3. "The world has no right to my heart." - Eliza Schuyler Hamilton.

You owe the world nothing except what you plan to give.

4. "You have no control: who lives, who dies, who tells your story." - George Washington.

5. "Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints, it takes (and it takes and it takes)." - Aaron Burr.

6. "You want a revolution, I want a revelation." - Angelica Schuyler.

Your opinion matters.

7. "Let me be part of the narrative in the story they will write some day." - Eliza Schuyler Hamilton.

8. "Dying is easy, living is harder." - George Washington.

9. "Look at where you are, look at where you started" -Eliza Schuyler Hamilton.

Always remember to take a step back and remember how far you've come.

10. "If you stand for nothing, what will you fall for?" - Alexander Hamilton.

11. "I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable. I am an original." - Aaron Burr.

12. "Legacy. What is legacy? It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see." - Alexander Hamilton.

13. "Forgiveness, can you imagine?" - Angelica Schuyler.

14. "If there is a reason ... I'm willing to wait for it." - Aaron Burr.

15. "When you're gone, who remembers your name?" - Aaron Burr.