15 Halloween Movies To Watch On Halloween Instead Of Going Out

You can pretty much only watch these movies during the month of October.

79

Name one Halloween that didn't have freezing temperatures and rain/snow? The morning of November 1st might be a nice, beautiful, sunny, warm day, but the weather on the night of October 31 HAS to be crappy. It's Murphy's Law.

If you have plans to go out and Trick or Treat or go to the bars with friends, the weather is going to be bad.

So why put yourself through shivering all night and potential frostbite when you can sit inside, cozy up with some hot chocolate and classic Halloween cookies, and watch some of the best Halloween movies in existence.

Note: These are specifically Halloween movies, not horror movies (that would be an entirely different list). Any horror movie would also be great to watch on Halloween, but maybe not if you want to sleep that night.

"Coraline"

It terrified us all as children, but now we adore it. The art is incredible. The story is one of a kind. Perfect Halloween movie.

"Kiki's Delivery Service"

A feel-good movie about a young witch-in-training and her talking cat living in a beautiful sea-side town delivering things to the locals. Sign me up.

"Halloweentown"

I was never personally a fan of "Halloweentown" growing up, but I will admit it gives some of the best Halloween vibes and it sure is a classic!

"Edward Scissorhands"

Is it a Halloween movie? Hard to say. Does it have spooky vibes and Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder? Absolutely!

"Halloween"

I said I wasn't going to include general horror movies, but this one is literally called Halloween and takes place on Halloween. Hello?

"Frankenweenie"

Spooky movie about bringing your beloved pets back to life. Perfect for Halloween!

"Monster House"

This movie was much scarier in my youth, but it's about an actual living haunted house. That checks off all my Halloween movie needs.

"The Haunted Mansion"

I haven't watched this movie probably since it came out in 2005, but I remember it being everything I needed from a Halloween movie staring Eddie Murphy. I know we all wanted to stay in that mansion.

"Beetlejuice"

A cult classic comedy Halloween movie. Enough said.

"Corpse Bride"

Romantic and spooky and directed by Tim Burton. The Halloween trifecta.

"Scream"

A scary movie that parodies scary movies deserves to be on this list.

"Ghostbusters"

Another Halloween classic. Watch this if not only for the classic theme song.

The Nightmare Before Christmas"

OK, this is also a Christmas movie. But by the time Halloween rolls around, everyone is already starting to think about Christmas anyway. It's the perfect movie to transition out of spooky season and into holiday season.

"Hocus Pocus"

The memories and warm feelings of watching "Hocus Pocus" in the days leading up to Halloween as a child were unmatched. Is any Halloween movie more classic than this? I don't think so.

"The Rocky Horror Picture Show"

The most classic Halloween musical in existence. Actually, go see this one live.

So if you're on the fence about going out for Halloween, it's probably going to be cold and miserable, so here's your sign to stay in!

There are plenty of movies available to get into the perfect Halloween mood. And don't forget to buy some good candy for all the kiddos who might swing by!