15 Grey's Anatomy Quotes That Can Heal A Broken Heart

“More tequila. More Love. More Anything. More is better.”

316

“Grey’s Anatomy” is for sure one of the best shows to premiere on television. Shonda Rhimes, she deserves a round of applause and then some. It has drama, sadness, medicine and attractive doctors all in one place. 13 seasons later and I’m still learning lessons from these brilliant characters. Grey’s Anatomy quotes are perfect for everything from falling in love, to falling out of love. Here are 15 Grey’s Anatomy quotes that prove you’re going to be okay no matter how broken you feel right now.

1. “Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he’s not the sun. You are.”

2. “It’ll hurt. Every time you think of her. But over time, it will hurt less and less. And eventually you’ll remember her and it will only hurt a little.”

3. “Walk tall. All you can do is be brave enough to get out there. You fought. You loved. You Lost. Walk tall.”

4.“I’m sure it must feel as though everything is coming apart, but you can get through this.”

5. “We do our very best, but sometimes it’s just not good enough. We buckle our seat belts, we wear a helmet, we stick to the lighted paths, we try to be safe. We try so hard to protect ourselves, but it doesn’t make a damn bit of difference. Cause when the bad things come, they come out of nowhere. The bad things come suddenly, with no warning. But we forget that sometimes that’s how the good things come too.”

6. “It always feels like there is just one person in this world to love. And then you find somebody else, and it just seems crazy that you were ever worried in the first place.”

7. "Knowing is better than wondering. Waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying."

8. "We spend our whole lives worrying about the future, planning for the future, trying to predict the future, as if figuring it out will cushion the blow. But the future is always changing. The future is the home of our deepest fears and wildest hopes. But one thing is certain when it finally reveals itself. The future is never the way we imagined it."

9. "If you aren't willing to keep looking for light in the darkest of places without stopping, even when it seems impossible, you will never succeed."

10."You can build a house out of anything. Make it as strong as you want. But a home, a home is more fragile than that. A home is made of the people you fill it with. And people can be broken, sure, but any surgeon knows, what's broken can be mended. What's hurt can be healed. That no matter how dark it gets the sun's going to rise again."

11. “It’s harder to love somebody than to walk away from them.”

12. “Sometimes it’s good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose.”

13. "But here’s the truth: Sometimes, the more things change, the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh, sometimes, change is good. Sometimes, change is… everything."

14. "Maybe I do believe it, all this "meant to be" stuff. Why not believe it, really? Who doesn't want more romance in their life? Maybe it's just up to us to make it happen. To show up and be meant for each other. At least that way you'll find out for sure – if you're meant to be or not.

15."You gotta wonder why we cling to our expectations. Because the expected is just what keeps us steady… standing… still. The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected… is what changes our lives."

And if none of these make you feel better, you can always go with my favorite quote from Meredith Grey herself: