15 Feelings Every Chanticleer Had While Watching The College World Series

Chants On Top

24
Chauncey CCU

Whether you were watching the game from the comfort of your living room couch, or from the stadium in Omaha, there's no doubt that you went through every one of these feelings while watching the Chants go for the National Title.

C-I-N-O!

1. Extreme Excitement. - It’s not that we didn’t believe the boys had what it takes to get to Omaha, it just had never happened before, in school history. The immediate thought, after winning both super-regional series, was “It’s go time baby! Let’s show the country who they’ve been sleeping on!”
  2. Who are you? - There is always one of these people in the crowd that asks this, and you’ll immediately have to shut them down. When they pretend they don’t know who your school is, your fan base will go nuts. That is – until everybody remembers that their “unknown” team will be the one playing under the big night lights, and there will soon be no confusion as to who you even are.
  3. Who are you? (Alternative) - If you’re really special, you may even attract the attention of your (soon to be old) conference that didn’t really have too much to do with you until you punched your ticket to Omaha. This version of the “who are you?” feel, isn’t you getting upset like the previous one, but rather you not acknowledging the fakes that didn’t claim you before you all made it big. (I suppose it’s always nice hearing from old friends though).
  4. Sick. - I’m not talking fever, aches, and sneezing; this is what I like to call “work-sick”. It’s the kind of ailment that you come down with approximately two hours before game time, if you’re working a shift that scheduled to continue on through game time. The only cure for this is a trip to the closest bar, with your closest 100+ fellow fans, and a big screen with your team’s game on it.
  5. Protect This House. - There are many people who trust, support, and love your organization. It is finally your turn to be the team with all the media attention, all of the actions shots on ESPN, and all of the press coverage. If you’re a true fan, you’ll stop at nothing to make sure the great name of your team is protected and people know the backstory of just how hard they’ve worked to get to this point. Go out there boys, and defend this house. This is YOUR game. Go show the other teams how to really play it.
  6. Nervousness. - If one of your players starts to get a little overwhelmed, you tend to freak out too. It’s natural. Keep calm and carry on.
  7. Gratitude. - A huge thank you to the parents and/or College Baseball Gods for these amazing players and helping our team get this far. Also, shout-out to our boys. They're are nothing but class acts. We appreciate you!
  8. Shoutout to the Coaches. - We, as fans, are forever grateful for everything that you all do.
  9. I bet they know who we are now. - Carry on. *Mic drop*.
  10. Being late for work the next day because you stayed up to watch the entire game. - When most of the games start pretty far into the evening, you can count on having a hard time waking up the next work day. At some point, you also just let your job know that you're just not even showing up.
  11. Who are these randoms? - The bandwagon fans. We all know one. Even though they seemed to join your fan base at a convenient time, you should take the support however you can get it. Everybody knows who the loyal fans are anyway. They’re the ones that don’t have to argue about being there since day one because you’ve seen them at the games before.
  12. “Yeah, that’s MY school out there”- You’re walking around with your chest out and your head up high, rocking your school’s gear. People keep saying “Go Chants” and your throw up the hand sign, while walking extra slow (for dramatic effect), and yelling back, “Go Teal!”
  13. Being nonchalant about it. - Being overly hype about it at times, and being super calm at other times, are two skills that are somehow carefully exhibited on/off throughout the entire series. You’re screaming “Chants on Top!!” on the inside, but you also have to play it cool because people need to understand that your team has BEEN on top.
  14. Hashtagging every relevant tag there is to show your support- #CCUinOmaha #BeachChickens #ChantsOnTop #TheTealIsReal
  15. LET’S DO THIS - It’s game time. You’re in the zone. Your body is painted teal, your car has teal window paint everywhere, you’ve called out of work, you’ve claimed your spot at your respective viewing area, and it’s go time. You’re about to watch the Chants bring home the win and close out what is the best ball season in school history.
  16. Excited, pumped, ecstatic, eager, and overwhelmed.- After watching the team compete at the highest level and win the biggest game in the history of the university, it's safe to say that the entire town is really feeling the teal. Students are jumping into ponds, painting cars teal, getting CCU tattoos, and sacrificing couches, all in the name of Coastal.

Congratulations to the 2016 NCAA National Champion, Coastal Carolina University, baseball team.

The Teal is Real.

Chants Up.