15 Excuses For Why I Procrastinated This Article

Hey, I can explain myself, I swear.

2
huffpost

1. Christmas.

That means I spent more than $100 on gifts for myself and family members, and family is a vital part of life. Without a family, I will not grow as a person in society, so I won't develop new ideas for Odyssey.

2. My dog ate my list of ideas.

Disregard the fact that I do not have a dog, or a set list of ideas. If only I was that organized.

3. I have severe writers block.

This one is actually true. I have been in a rut since the middle of November. I need inspiration to strike me just as much as I need chocolate.

4. I had stuff to do.

Lots of stuff. All very important stuff. Stuff you would not understand because it is so much important and interesting stuff.

5. I did not have enough original ideas.

This is true. Proof: The last 3 articles I wrote are so boring that they got less than 100 views total.

6. I did not have any pent up frustrations I could draw inspiration from.

See: "A Teenager's Life In The Midst Of The Election"

Donald Trump won the election, I was upset, and then this happened. Someone please tick me off.

7. I had to try out a new nail polish.

Just a side note: I can not wear nail polish without a top coat because I pick at it when I get nervous or stressed.

8. My mom got me a cozy blanket I had to try out.

To properly test the softness I had to sleep for extended periods of time.

9. I like food.

Who does not?

10. I had an agenda to make as many "Elf Yourself" videos as possible.

Yeah, I don't have an excuse for why I spent 30 minutes making these.

11. I like shopping.

Margaux, you do not need 2 bubble bars, 1 bath fizz, new earrings, a new hat, a new crop top, a new dress, or any more chocolate. At least, that's what I tried to tell myself before I bought all of it.

12. Not enough sleep.

I needed after school naps, and they can range anywhere from 20 min to 3 hours.

13. My cats are too fluffy not to pet.

So. Cuddly. And. Adorable.

14. I had a bad feeling I would be cursed if I handed it in on time.

Bad juju. I do not need to turn into an amphibian any time soon. I was at a potentially high risk of being a frog.

15. My printer wasn't working.

I swear.