15 Bougie Coffee Shops In Minneapolis You Need To Go To

15 Bougie Coffee Shops In Minneapolis You Need To go to

The perfect list for those of us who can justify spending over $5 on a cup of coffee.

553
https://unsplash.com/photos/6VhPY27jdps
Nate Dumlao

Minneapolis is probably one of the most underrated cities in America. There are so many hidden gems and unique places to visit and the community of people share a kindness unlike many other skyscraper cities. One of its greatest attractions are the many local coffee shops speckled across the map. Here's a list of 15 high end coffee houses you need to try ASAP.

1. Spyhouse Coffee

Location: Various locations

What to Order: Jasmine Lemonade Tea (seasonal drink) or Spygirl

One of Minneapolis's staple coffeehouses, Spyhouse Coffee offers unique decor and atmosphere at each of its five locations. So, that means you have to make sure to visit each cafe located around the Cities. While their 'Spygirl' and 'Carmella' drinks are their most popular, their Jasmine Lemonade Tea is perfect for a hot summer day.

2. Wesley Andrews Coffee and Tea

Location: 111 East 26th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404

What to Order: Rosemary Fennel Latte

With drinks that are ethically and sustainably sourced, Wesley Andrews Coffee and Tea offers a transparent environment perfect for genuine conversation. A common catchphrase coined by its founders is "conversation compliments."

3. Five Watt Coffee

Location: Kingfield: 3745 Nicollet Ave S., Minneapolis, MN 55409; E. Hennepin: 861 E. Hennepin Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55414

What to order: The Kingfield

Due to its popularity, Five Watt Coffee opened up another location in Northeast Minneapolis. With a variety of unique specialty drinks, this is definitely a destination to visit more than once. My personal favorite drink is 'The Kingfield,' which is an espresso drink with vanilla and black Hawaiian sea salt.

4. Corner Coffee

Location: Various Locations

What to order: (Real) Vanilla Latte

Corner Coffee is a cozy and contemporary coffeeshop perfect for a reunion with friends. You can count on having quality and fresh coffee drinks every time.

5. Northern Coffeeworks

Location: 1027 S Washington Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55415

What to order: Orange Lavender Latte

This new location opened up just over a year ago and is already a popular location for any hipster looking for a trendy coffeehouse. I have found that the staff at Northern Coffeeworks includes some of the nicest people around. The Orange Lavender Latte is one of my favorite drinks.

6. Urban Bean

Locations: Lyndale: 2401 Lyndale Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55405; Lake: 822 West Lake St., Minneapolis, MN 55405

What to Order: Chai Latte

Urban Bean Coffee locations offer a unique and artistic atmosphere. Along with their meticulously crafted drinks, there are plenty of picture opportunities with its distinct black and white wall art featured.

7. Botany Coffee

Location: 1830 E 38th St., Minneapolis, MN 55407

What to Order: Shan Lin Xi Winter Sprout Tea

Botany Coffee is also a fairly new location, but it stands out with its botanical flair of decorations and its signature coffee taste. Plus, look at how aesthetically pleasing that is.

8. Anelace Coffee

Location: 2402 Central Ave N.E., Minneapolis, MN 55418

What to Order: Rose Latte

With a coffeehouse lit up with the perfect amount of sunlight and a fancy chandelier, Anelace Coffee is a beautiful and charming spot, perfect to catch up with a friend over yummy drinks.

9. Angry Catfish Bicycle Shop and Coffee Bar

Location: 4208 28th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

What to order: Americano

Providing the unconventional combination of bicycles and coffee, Angry Catfish is a great place to enjoy coffee while gazing at some interesting bicycles and parts. The staff is super friendly and the atmosphere is like no other coffee shop.

10. Rustica

Location: 3220 W. Lake St, Minneapolis, MN 55416

What to Order: Literally any bread, pastry or scone

Pateries and breads made and inspired by an award-winning baker, Rustica is a place you need to come hungry for. If the scent of freshly ground coffee doesn't get to you, the aroma of freshly baked bread wafting through the air surely will.

11. Café Astoria

Location: 180 Grand Ave., Saint Paul, MN 55102

What to order: 24K Latte (served with edible gold!)

Café Astoria serves coffee drinks that are the epitome of "Instagramable food." With edible glitter, multi-colored latte designs and many other decadent toppings, you can't help but snap a picture before you drink your literal piece of artwork.

12. Quixotic Coffee

Location: 769 Cleveland Ave S., St Paul, MN 55116

What to order: Nitro Cold Brew

Quixotic uses only the best local brands and ingredients and it is more than evident in the quality of their coffee. Stop by this modern and rustic shop for great service and an even better atmosphere.

13. Penny's Coffee

Locations: Downtown: 100 Washington Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55401; 44th Street: 3509 W. 44th St. Minneapolis, MN 55410

What to order: Golden Latte

Penny's Coffee has a beautiful marble interior and is located in the heart of downtown. Stop by for breakfast and order the 'Golden Latte' and maybe even one of their crêpes.

14. Peace Coffee

Locations: Wonderland Park: 3262 Minnehaha Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55402; Capella Tower: 225 S. 6th St., Minneapolis, MN 55406

What to order: Affagato (Izzy's Ice Cream drenched in espresso)

Probably one of the most colorful coffeehouses you'll walk into, Peace Coffee has vibrant red walls and colorful tile flooring. The café itself brightens up the entire street and all of its costumers.

15. Dogwood Coffee Co.

Location: Various Locations

What to order: Sparkling Matcha

Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Dogwood Coffee Co. is a favorite of many coffee lovers.They serve amazing coffee you need to try at least once in your lifetime if you're lucky enough to live Up North.