15 Chill (But Thought Provoking) Worship Songs

Some are oldies, but all are goodies.

4525
First Presbyterian Allen

Throughout your life you may need to chill, worship, and prepare your heart for something big all at the same time, as I often do. So here are some of my favorite songs to worship along with! And yes, some of these songs are quite old but they're classics and good!

1. "This Love" by Housefires II

This song is AMAZING. There are so many powerful lyrics and it has a chill vibe.

"There is no chain this love can't break! So be free!"

2. See Your Face" by Housefires II

Housefires II again! I know, I know... But they're so raw and calm in their sound! I love it!

"I wanna see Your face, I wanna know Your heart, I wanna walk with You everyday of my life, God!"

3. "Broken Vessels" by Hillsong

This song is all about being used by God and letting Him work through you, through your flaws. Broken is beautiful.

"So take this heart, Lord, I'll be your vessel."

4. "Set A Fire" by Jesus Culture

This song is perfect! Being on fire for God is something we should all aspire to be! Let's make this our prayer.

"I want more of You, God!"

5. "Spirit Break Out" by Kim Walker-Smith

This song is so incredibly powerful! Brings tears to my eyes every time!

"Spirit break out, break our walls down. Spirit break out, heaven come down."

6. "Simple Gospel" by United Pursuit

This song is super cool! And I heard it for the first time last week but I'm already hooked! It talks about the simplicity of the Gospel and I love that!

"I'm laying down all my religion."

7. "Holy Spirit" by Jesus Culture

This song is a classic! Its another song about the Holy Spirit and doing everything for God's glory but, we can't do it alone.

"Holy Spirit, you are welcome here. Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere."

8. "Sinking Deep" by Hillsong Young and Free

This song is about us sinking in God's love for us and I love every second of it!

"Your love so deep is washing over me, Your face is all I seek, You are my everything."

9. "Great Are You Lord" by All Sons and Daughters

Another song about how great God is! But He is so good to us why shouldn't there be more than one song about it?

"All the earth will shout Your praise, our hearts will cry, these bones will sing: great are You, Lord!"

10. "You're Beautiful" by Phil Wickham

God made us to worship Him and praise Him so I think this song is absolutely perfect for that. It's really one great love song

"I see your face, you're beautiful."

11. "Beautiful Thing" by Gungor

This song is perfect for the hard times you're going through. This was my go to song when my friend passed away and it really helped me come to terms with it and understand that God uses everything.

"You make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of us."

12. Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United

This is a massive prayer. Lord, send us and then prepare us! Tell us where to go! Yes, we may be frightened but at the end of the day, it's all about trusting God.

"My soul will trust in your embrace. I am Yours, and You are mine."

13. This I Believe (The Creed) by Hillsong Worship

Major affirmation song. This song definitely helps me when I'm doubting because I remember why I believe in these things when I sing this song.

"I believe in the Name of Jesus."

14. "Lord I Need You" by Matt Maher

WE NEED JESUS! That's the foundation of this whole song and nothing has ever been more true!

"Every hour I need You."

15. "It Is Well" by Bethel Music

This song is about trusting God and knowing that he has us. This is a real "God gotchu" kind of moment.

"Let go my soul and trust in Him."