15 Parents For Harry Potter Better Than The Dursleys

Anyone but the Dursleys.
93

Harry Potter, as many of us know, was left in the custody of his Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon. Here are 21 people who would have done a better job raising him, although Harry turned into a great man despite the Dursleys.

1. Sirius Black

And he wanted to do it. Screw you, Peter Pettigrew.

2. Remus Lupin

Forget about werewolf discrimination, he had the makings of a great parent.

3. James Potter

He loved his family more than anything.

4. Lily Potter

She had enough love for him to save the whole wizarding world.

5. Rubeus Hagrid

It would have been an interesting childhood, that's for sure.

6. Mrs. Norris

That's right. The cat. Better mom than Petunia for most of Harry's life.

7. Peeves

I mean, probably.

8. Albus Dumbledore

There's a slim chance that Harry would have been weird, but wasn't he already a little bit weird?

9. Molly Weasley

The ultimate mother.

10. Arthur Weasley

The first person to take care of Harry for no reason other than true altruism.

11. Amos Diggory

It would have been an even more tragic storyline with Cedric.

12. Arabella Figg

The Dursley's next door neighbor and a member of the Order of the Phoenix.

13. The Sorting Hat

A hat. A magical hat, yes, but a hat could have done a better job than the Dursleys did for almost two decades.

14. Kingsley Shacklebolt

A great, solid man who had belief in Harry.

15. MINERVA MCGONAGALL

She would have been the best parent to him (other than James and Lily) and no one could ever argue different.