14 Ways To Ensure You'll Have The Best Black Friday

Here are 14 ways to get the best deals, plan accordingly, and have the best time ever on Black Friday.

47

Black Friday is a time of high stress and tension. Here are 14 ways to make certain your morning is fun and festive.

1. Do your research

This one's obvious. Prior to your Black Friday escapades, make sure you check up on your favorite stores' deals. Don't forget to use all of your resources — newspapers, websites, email lists, catalogs, and social media. And if you're really determined, actually go into the stores and ask the employees what kind of sales will be going on. Take notes!

2. Create a schedule

Based on store openings and your top priorities, create an efficient plan that hits all of the hot deals. Set a time to get there early, and then get there earlier than that. Don't forget to allow yourself some time to just shop around and relax.

3. Decide your wants vs. your needs

Chances are, you're probably doing some Christmas shopping on Black Friday. Make sure you get those items checked off first, and other necessities, like kitchen appliances or furniture. And then the rest of the time, you can enjoy indulging yourself in the delights of retail therapy.

4. Make it a group activity

Bringing along family or friends makes the early morning more tolerable, and, more memorable. Also, having a team allows you to divide and conquer certain areas. Assign a certain family member or friend to a store and give them a list of what to buy.

Wear the right clothes

Some people get the idea that Black Friday is a good time to dress up in cute winter vests, sweaters, and jeans. However, what you really want to wear is your favorite pair of Christmas pajamas, comfy boots, and a beanie. It's easier to move around and helps you stay snug, and not to mention, gets you in the holiday spirit.

6. Be apart of loyalty programs

Some stores share their Black Friday deals ahead of time to their devoted customers if they are apart of a loyalty program. Also, you can get special coupon codes or rewards through being apart of these programs, and you will save even more.

7. Make Black Friday shopping a tradition

You know what they say, practice makes perfect! Doing this every year means you'll get more and more experience, and soon, you'll become a seasoned professional. Plus, if you choose to do your Black Friday shopping on Thursday night, considering it as a tradition makes you feel less guilty about going out on Thanksgiving.

8. Be respectful

Between all the crazy shoppers and few hours of sleep, tensions can get pretty high. Black Friday will go so much more smoothly if you respect other shoppers AND the employees. The employees have to be there longer than you do and have to deal with a lot of stress. Respect them and be kind, and everyone's night will be so much better!

9. Make sure you're energized

Get enough sleep, drink coffee, and eat something! The best way to stay alert and active is by having enough energy. You won't be able to enjoy your early morning festivities while being half asleep.

10. Wait it out

Didn't find the deal you were looking for? Was everything sold out? Don't worry, Cyber Monday to the rescue! And even apart from Cyber Monday, most stores still have holiday sales going on in the following weeks. So if you didn't have too much success on Black Friday, still hold out hope for the future!

11. Avoid big stores - try local boutiques instead

Everyone will be attracted to the shiny lights, decorations, and deals at superstores like Target and Walmart. To avoid the crazy crowds, check out local boutiques and see what kind of deals they have. Plus, it's a great way to support small businesses!

12. Rely on yourself to make a personalized plan

In this day and age, our advanced technology offers a wide variety of apps and websites that can help you plan your Black Friday. But as I have learned, it's always best to stick with your own handcrafted plan. Technology can glitch and give you false information, so just stick to what you know.

13. End the morning with a celebration

With red, pink, yellow, and green shopping bags packed away in your car, stop at your favorite breakfast place or donut shop to celebrate. It's a well-deserved treat after a long morning, and then it's off to bed you go.

14. Relax, and have fun!

At the end of the day, it's important to remember that it's JUST SHOPPING. You should just focus on having fun with your friends and family, and celebrate the commencement of the Christmas season.