14 Thoughts You Have While Home Alone at Night

Are we truly alone?

76
Home Alone

When we were younger, we would relish the day when mom and dad would not get us a baby sitter and we could be home alone. It was a tiny glimpse of independence, even if it was only for a few hours. The feeling became even more gratifying when we could spend the night alone. Some of us enjoy having the house to ourselves, and others prefer some company. The latter definitely applies when we are alone past sundown. Maybe it was a movie we watched, a story we read or maybe our brains just go wild when we are in a house alone. Who knows where your mind goes when you have the place to yourself.

1. Party!

Okay maybe not throwing an actual party, but you still can play your music and TV as loud as you want.

2. What am I going to eat?

Or maybe the question should be, "What can I eat without having to cook it?"

3. What movie should I watch?

Why are horror movies a popular choice?

4. What was that noise?

It was just the wind, right?

5. Is it safe to use the bathroom?

You have to go, but that hallway sure is dark.

6. What if someone breaks in while I'm showering?

When you are naked, you are completely defenseless.

7. I heard that noise again!

Now you are sure someone or something is in the house.

8. Food can be a weapon.

I can defend myself with this frozen piece of beef.

9. I'll just check to see if someone is outside... Nope I saw someone!

Was it your neighbor taking the garbage out at night or someone planning on breaking into your house?

10. If I run, the shadows won't get me.

You sprint down the halls to the safety of your room.

11. I should just relax and go to sleep.

It'll be difficult, but you are going to try.

12. That was a different noise!

And sleep will definitely not be returning to you anytime soon.

13. Thank God, they're home.

Now you can rest easy knowing your parents are home and the house is safe once again.

14. I can handle myself perfectly fine by myself.

You think knowing the cycle will repeat the next time your parents go out.