14 Thoughts About Valentine's Day

14 Thoughts About Valentine's Day

When does chocolate go on sale again?
155

As the musical queen once said, "all the single ladies! Now put your hands up." And, surprise, I'm single for another Valentine's day. So, if this were a movie, I would be wallowing, or partying till I puked. But that is not me. In fact, I have a girls night and am super excited. Here's to anyone who has thought this on such a romantic day.

1. When does chocolate go on sale again?

I enjoy cheap bulk candy as much as a sweet crazed toddler. How much gets eaten? Well, a fair amount. So cheap chocolate day is essential.

2. It might be nice to have someone buy me something off campus. Wait, I can do that myself.

Not worrying about paying for a night would be lovely, but I also have a car. I'm free to do that if I want to. Though, sometimes the image is beautiful.

3. How much gas does my car have?

This is a pretty standard thought, especially on the weekends. Thank the lord for good gas mileage. And I don't want to be in the mass of traffic with very little gas and impatient individuals. Thus knowing how much I have had is good.

4. Aww, cute.

I may be single, but couples can be adorable. There's not a definite need for me to be passive aggressive if it's cute gestures and you can tell they are happy. I'm just not on that path yet.

5. Okay, now I want to puke.

Graphic PDA is the only time I will ever think this. And it does happen. There's no need to look like one person is swallowing the other in public. I shouldn't judge and try not to, but there are a time and place for that.

6. Why am I single again?

Admit it; if you are in the same boat, you have thought this a fair amount of times. Don't feel bitter about it. Being single is never the end of the world, even when there are a thousand couples around you. There will be someone.

7. Right, that, that's why I'm single.

Slowly I've come to realize I am not exactly ideal, but who is? I'm single for a lot of reasons, including my sanity. But none of them are negative. One day my person will find their way, it's just not today.

8. Dang, I'm hungry.

When am I not hungry? With school and exercise, I could eat a lot more than I do. But I'm trying to be healthy. Wish me luck.

9. How many calories are in *insert candy here*?

Everyone has a favorite sweet treat, and mine might have come in a plastic package with fudgy chocolate. I have a sweet tooth. And, on my quest to eat okay, I have to ask myself this a lot.

10. I need to eat healthier.

It's not my fault that caf food can be sub-par, but I try to stomach it. That does not mean I'm eating healthy, though I should. It at least says I ate something.

11. Do I sleep too much?

The truth is I could be a bat or a sloth. I sleep a lot. Am I sick right now? A little bit, so I'm tired from that. But, ask my siblings, and they could say that I can sleep like a log.

12. Why is this chapter so long?

I love reading and my major, but some sections about put me to sleep. I'm not trying to be negative, just honest.

13. Goldfish or pudding?

Snacks can be hard to choose. Do I want creamy or a cheddar cracker? Or maybe a pack of carrots? Just depends on the mood.

14. I can't wait til tonight!

When it all winds down, time with friends is fantastic.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.