14 Things That Only WhatsApp Users Understand

If you are not originally from the United States, then you probably use WhatsApp.

6198

If you are not originally from the United States (or if you were raised in Miami), then you probably use WhatsApp. Also, you must be completely obsessed with the app, because it is amazing and it's ten times better than the normal texting platform. If you have been blessed with this app, then you will definitely relate to this list.

1. The convenience of placing calls and sending messages internationally for free

Who doesn't like free stuff? This is especially true when it lets you talk to your grandmother.

2. Hating someone for taking his/her "last seen" off

There is probably no bigger frustration than someone taking off his/her last seen on WhatsApp. I mean, what are you hiding?

3. Checking your crush's last seen every five minutes

We all do it, although we probably should not. What they do not know will not hurt them.

4. Growing a hatred for text messaging

As a WhatsApp user, you are most likely to ignore any notification coming from the iMessage app.

5. Accidentally calling someone when you were checking out his/her profile picture

We really do appreciate the new ability to place calls on WhatsApp, but did they have to put the icon right next to the profile picture?

6. Once you have a WhatsApp group chat, you can never go back to iMessage

Way before iMessage updated their system or GroupMe was invented, WhatsApp group chats would let you name them, provide a profile picture for the chat, and kick people out at your leisure. Additionally, as the original group chat app, WhatsApp provides the opportunity to see exactly when your messages have been read and by who.

7. Being group admin of a chat and feeling like you have all the power

You have the ability to add or remove anyone for the chat. So, when your friends start roasting you, you will get the last laugh.

8. Knowing how to send voice notes to everyone and having them be top quality

There's no need to even type anymore. With how user-friendly the voice notes are, it becomes quicker and less of a distraction to send your messages this way.

9. Being able to archive a chat that you can’t get yourself to delete, but hate seeing

I am sure that most of you conversation hoarders have the conversations with your ex on this tool.

10. Starring messages so that you can see your favorite ones later

Starred messages are great for saving those special messages, instead of having to scroll endlessly through search results on your phone.

11. Being able to personalize your background

This extremely user-friendly app gives users the opportunity for personalization, which is a plus that other apps do not provide.

12. The frustration that takes over you when your family group chat starts blowing up

We all love them, but there's a cloudy feeling to it after 200 messages have been sent while you are trying to concentrate on your work.

13. Being forced to explain to your friend why you are sending her an iMessage because you do not want someone to see that you were online

Whether you are trying to make your crush wait for a response just as long as he made you wait or the annoying kid in your class asked you for the homework again, there are times when you can not open the app. Your friends understand once you explain because they have obviously been there before.

14. When someone leaves you on a double blue check and you know they are mad

This feature is both scary and useful. When you see that double blue check, you know that the conversation is over. Yet, you can sometimes use it to your advantage to let someone know that you are not in the mood to talk.