14 Signs Your Life Isn't As Bad As You Think

Keep your chin up -- you're doing just fine

645
Google Images

At times, it's easy to feel down in the dumps -- whether it be about school, work, your love life, or just life in general. Although this is an easy path to find yourself wandering down, it is a negative, closed-minded one. Here are 14 signs that your life isn't as bad as you might think.

1. You're constantly educating yourself.

Whether you're in still in high school or college, or have graduated and moved on to the real world, it is important to always keep learning. If you're learning something new every day, you're doing alright.

2. You have a job.

Regardless of how many hours, you are earning money that helps you eat, pay your phone bill, and have what you need to take care of yourself. Whether you're working a minimum wage cashier job or have your dream job in your field, you’re being independent and taking responsibility for yourself.

3. You have time to do something you love.

Whether it's watching your favorite T.V. show, reading a book, listening to music, or going on a hike, if you're doing at least one thing each day to make yourself happy, you're on the right track.

4. You don't have to worry about where your next meal is coming from.

Enough said.

5. You have valuable people in your life.

Whether it be your mom, dad, sister, brother, cousin, best friend, significant other, aunt, or uncle, you have someone present in your life who is always there to support you, and loves you unconditionally.

6. You can afford things that aren't necessities.

For example: A morning cup of coffee, or even just getting a fresh haircut. If you don't have to worry about the little things, you're doing more than fine.

7. You don't have to work 24/7 in order to survive.

You have the luxury of a day off once in a while, or every weekend, if you're lucky. This means you can take a day trip, have time for yourself, go to a concert, or just spend time with loved ones. You can do all this, and still live a happy, stable life.

8. You can tell when something isn't right.

Whether or not you know what would make the situation better, you are able to communicate with yourself and be aware when something is off.

9. You're healthy.

If you don't have a terminal illness or life threatening disease, your life is looking a whole lot brighter than the lives of many other people.

10. You have a hobby or something that interests you.

You are intrigued by something, whether it be reading, writing, singing, dancing, teaching, learning, fitness, or eating. You have something that you enjoy and wish to pursue.

11. You know how to take care of yourself.

You know how many hours of sleep you need to function the next day, you know what makes you feel better after a break-up, and you know what to do when you don't feel well. You know yourself, and can use it to your advantage.

12. You're working towards something.

Whether it be pursuing your education, putting yourself out there, applying for your dream job, or aiming for a promotion, you have a goal, and you're making progress in turning it into a reality.

13. You're making the most of life.

There's no doubt about it: Life sucks sometimes. The happiest people tend to make the most of whatever life throws at them, even when it may not be ideal.

14. You've been through a lot, and have made it to where you are now.

Whatever challenges you have faced, you can look back on them, and more importantly, you can learn from them, and use them to reassure yourself that you can get through just about anything.