14 Reasons To Be An Orientation Assistant

3
Chloe Bradburn

Nervous or excited for school to start? Never fear, your OA is here! When I interviewed to be an orientation assistant, I really didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I luckily got this incredibly opportunity and I am going to tell you why you should, too:

1. As terrified as you might be, going back to school a week early is about the greatest thing.

2. Meeting new people because of going back early.

3. Hours of training rewarded with chill time with some of the most chill people.

4. Seeing your school with a whole new appreciation because of the quality time you are spending not studying, but rather bonding.

5. Learning to love ice breakers.

6. Helping new students find their way.

7. Begging your new students not to hate you when in actuality there is a mutual love.

8. Bonding immensely with your partner because of your shared fear of hate from your students.

9. Having late nights followed by early mornings energize you because you can’t wait to get back to helping your new students.

10. Being able to say hi to all of the new students and showing them off to your offs.

11. Seeing the genuine look of hope on their faces when you say you are there for them at any of the hour of the day.

12. Your students utilizing that offer and thanking you for being there for them.

13. Having your new students say hi back to you, or even saying hi to you first and putting the biggest smile on your face.

14. Making some of the best friends you never thought you'd make with your fellow OA's.

You are making a difference for these students. You are their first gateway into your school, so make it count for them and assist their orientation!