For every great couple, there is an awkward friend standing in the background, wondering why she didn't stay home. The ultimate cutesy-couple photographer, the third wheel has been solidified as the permanent plus-one on what should have been date night. Typically, being the third wheel is considered a negative. However, having spent a full year third-wheeling my best friend and her boyfriend, I've learned that my position in their relationship is actually the best. Here's why:
1. You have two best friends, instead of just one.
2. You always get to pick the movie/TV show, because chances are, they aren't watching it.
3. They understand your lack of boundaries is a sign of your love.
4. Your weekend plans never change, because neither does date night.
5. You automatically get the role of cool aunt/uncle in any discussion of the future.
6. You get to be the token cute single friend.
7. You inadvertently learn the do's and don't's of dating.
8. You always have the option of double-dating if the opportunity arises (not that you want to).
9. Picking a costume is never difficult, because you can always crash their couple costume.
10. They're always there to share their opinions on your potential S.O.
11. They offer double the support when you need a little extra love.
12. Your outfit never matters when you go out with them, because you don't need to be in the picture (not that that stops you).
13. They're always willing to set you up, because they secretly want more couple friends.
14. You know that even if you find your own special someone, you'll always be their third wheel.